Nasdaq Announces Upcoming Fee Changes for Trading Applications and FINRA/Nasdaq TRF
Weblink ACT 3.0
Pending filing with the SEC, effective June 1, 2016, fees for the use of Weblink ACT for firms who report up to an average of 20 transactions per day, per month will increase to \\$525 per user, per month. With this change, Nasdaq will eliminate the transaction cap for these subscriptions, resulting in only one subscription level of Weblink ACT 3.0 regardless of transaction activity.
Updates to FINRA/Nasdaq TRF Transaction Fees
Pending FINRA filing with the SEC, the FINRA/Nasdaq TRFTM will make the following changes to the transaction fee cap:
- Nasdaq is proposing to lower the requirement to cap in Tape B.
- Additionally, Nasdaq is proposing to move from an average daily requirement to a standard monthly quantity.
- Maximum monthly charges if capped will now be fixed for each tape:
|Tape||Current Monthly Cap||Updated Monthly Cap|
|Tapes A, B, or C||Current Max Monthly Charge if Capped||Updated Max Monthly Charge if Capped|
|Media/Executing Party||(\\$0.018) x (2,500) x (Number of Trading Days During the Month)||\\$945.00|
|Non-Media/Executing Party||(\\$0.018) x (2,500) x (Number of Trading Days During the Month)||\\$945.00|
|Media/Contra||(\\$0.013) x (2,500) x (Number of Trading Days During the Month)||\\$682.50|
|Non-Media/Contra||(\\$0.013) x (2,500) x (Number of Trading Days During the Month)||\\$682.50|
- Any trade report with a “blank” contra party will now incur the current \\$0.013 per contra party trade.
- The fee will be assessed to the reporting party firm