YuMe, Inc. today released "The Liquid Media Marketplace: The Path for European Companies Toward Multi-Screen Video Globalization"
OREANDA-NEWS. YuMe, Inc., (NYSE: YUME), the global audience technology company powered by data-driven insights and multi-screen expertise, today released “The Liquid Media Marketplace: The Path for European Companies Toward Multi-Screen Video Globalization.” The paper, published in collaboration with dmexco, the global business and innovation platform of the digital economy, and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), identifies best practices to reach a liquid audience across platforms, screens and continents and offers directional guidance for European companies on how to optimally leverage multi-screen digital video for global audiences.
The report, released at dmexco in Germany, features insights from key executives at global companies spanning publishers, brands and agencies, including the following:
- Doug Ray, CEO, CARAT USA: “What travels are ‘human truths’; fundamental aspects in the way people engage with brands, categories and culture. Video continues to be the most powerful platform for showcasing these human truths. Our job is to use the immense data at our disposal to uncover these truths in order to bring people and brands closer together, often seamlessly around the world.”
- Roland Schaaf, Director, Brand Management & Strategy SKODA/Volkswagen Group China: “While technology has provided new opportunities to reach the target consumer, the focus has to be on talking and reaching the audience with relevant content.”
- Justin Pearse, Managing Director & Editorial Director, The Drum Works/The Drum: “Consumers live seamlessly across screens and we need to empower their experiences in a seamless and global way.”
- Gis?le Wertheim Aym?s, Publisher, Elle & Elle Deco, South Africa: “The visual language of video crosses boundaries and brands to create communities.”
Key insights and takeaways shared within the report include:
- An ‘Audience First’ Strategy is a True Global Strategy
By focusing on building audiences, the boundaries defined by geographies or platforms become minimized – and more targeted, connected audiences are created.
- Think Global, Act Local
The drive for unified metrics for success has been launched in Europe and would be well served to become a global industry initiative. Concurrently, the need for local solutions and creativity are key to retain the flavors and perspectives that define each region.
- Utilize Parallel Platforms for Global Distribution
Global platform solutions can build broader digital video communities than using TV or localized buys alone, and in tandem, they will deliver stronger success.
- Incubate with VR/AR/360 Video
Now is the time to learn about these mediums and how their immersive, personal experiences can build stronger branded relationships and communities.
“Digital video is one of the most powerful mediums in advertising today. Video has the power to create strong emotional bonds between the brand and its consumers, influencing perception and ultimately driving the path to purchase,” said Stephanie Gaines, Vice President of Corporate Marketing, YuMe. “In the era of the liquid audience, where consumers move dynamically across devices, platforms and screens, digital video has the opportunity to reach true global liquid audiences and ignite consumer passions with compelling multi-screen digital messaging and marketing.”
“As the definition of audiences has evolved, so has the opportunity to build true global, liquid marketplaces, with passionate, connected consumers and to build stronger recognition and resonance for a particular brand or message,” said Christian Muche and Frank Schneider, Co-Founders, dmexco. “We are thrilled that YuMe selected dmexco as the forum to launch this report, as many of the brands in attendance are here to gain insight on reaching global audiences via innovative digital strategies.”
“The global digital economy demands scale, but also requires messages and brand experiences that feel personal and localized,” said Anna Bager, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Mobile and Digital Video, IAB. “Thinking globally is not just about going broad – not if your brand wants to meaningfully leverage the power of digital video to connect with audiences on a variety of screens the world over.”
The complete whitepaper, “Liquid Media Marketplace: The Path for European Companies Toward Multi-Screen Video Globalization” is available for download at http://www.yume.com/whitepaper/the-liquid-media-marketplace.
YuMe, Inc. (NYSE: YUME) is a leading provider of global audience technologies, curating relationships between brand advertisers and consumers of premium video content across a growing range of connected devices. Combining data-driven technologies with deep insight into audience behavior, YuMe offers brand advertisers end-to-end marketing software that establishes greater brand resonance with engaged consumers. It is the evolution of brand advertising for an ever-expanding video ecosystem. YuMe is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with worldwide offices.