Monotype today announced the availability of FontExplorer® X Pro 6
OREANDA-NEWS. Extending its efforts to help creative professionals simplify and streamline how they organize, search, view and test font libraries, Monotype (NASDAQ:TYPE) today announced the availability of FontExplorer® X Pro 6, the latest version of its popular font management software. Among a wide variety of new features, FontExplorer X Pro 6 now includes the ability to apply more classifications to fonts for better organization and easier searching, as well as the ability to test fonts and edit website text in a web preview mode, helping customers quickly find and use the right font for their project.Screenshot of FontExplorer X Pro 6 (Photo: Business Wire)
“Fonts are an important part of any creative workflow, and FontExplorer X Pro 6 removes the hurdles often associated with managing a library of fonts – putting the focus squarely on the creative output, which is exactly where it should be,” said Brett Zucker, senior vice president of product management and marketing at Monotype. “With these improvements, we’re providing customers with all of the information they need to classify, preview and use the best typeface for their project.”
New Features in FontExplorer X Pro 6 include:
- Enhanced font classifications in granular subcategories like: newspaper, graffiti, display, brush, casual script and handwriting, among others.
- Plug-in support for use of fonts in Adobe® Photoshop® CC 2015.5 and Illustrator® CC 2015.5, and QuarkXPress™ 2016.
- Automatic placement of typeface files into the Mac OS® User Directory to adhere to new security policies and eliminate the need for manual management.
- Expanded language support displays localized font information (where available) for 25 languages. Additionally, the user interface is now available in Japanese.
- Enhanced document format support for 19 new document formats, including those associated with Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, OpenOffice, Sketch and Scribus, among others.
- Improved font tile previews display various font options, coloring and designs enabling customers to evaluate and select the right font before taking the time to implement it into a project.
Monotype is a leading global provider of typefaces, technology and expertise that enable the best user experience and ensure brand integrity. Headquartered in Woburn, Mass., Monotype provides customers worldwide with typeface solutions for a broad range of creative applications and consumer devices.