Oracle Kicks off Oracle OpenWorld 2016
OREANDA-NEWS. Oracle Executive Chairman and CTO Larry Ellison showcased innovations across the world’s most complete, open and integrated Cloud computing platform in his opening keynote presentation at Oracle OpenWorld 2016 in San Francisco’s Moscone Center.
Ellison introduced Oracle Database 12c Release 2, as well as more than 20 new Oracle Cloud Platform and Application services that extend choice and access for customers and partners globally. Industry-first innovations highlighted include a new Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) that is orders of magnitudes faster and more scalable than other Cloud database services and new Adaptive Intelligence Applications that use machine learning to power the next generation of Cloud applications.
The release of Oracle’s world’s number one database, Oracle Database 12c Release 2, coming first in the Cloud, marks a new era of magnitude and innovation for the enterprise. Building on its unique multi-tenant architecture and in-memory technology, Oracle’s flagship database is able to drive robust enterprise workloads faster than the nearest competitor.
Additional innovations unveiled across the Oracle Cloud include:
- New public sector and revenue management Cloud services as part of Oracle ERP Cloud
- Modern employee engagement capabilities as part of Oracle HCM Cloud
- Expanded packaged industry solutions, new blended agent capabilities for sales and service professionals and expanded B2B commerce functionality within Oracle CX Cloud
- New financial consolidation and close and profitability and cost management capabilities within Oracle EPM Cloud
- Exadata Express Cloud Service
- Container Cloud service to support Cloud developers and make managing containers easy on the public Cloud
- API Cloud service to help developers create, secure, manage and analyze APIs
- Enhanced mobile Cloud services that include support for chatbots
- Low-code development platform that enables business users and developers quickly and easily to extend services and build new applications
- Integration Cloud service to support integration of Cloud and on-premises applications
- New analytics Cloud suite to connect data sources and instantly visualize any data on any device
- Big data discovery Cloud service to visualize and discover hidden value in all data
- Internet of Things applications for asset management, production insights, connected worker and fleet management
- Management Cloud services that use machine learning to identify threats and provide early warnings