Cate Blanchett Appeared as Lilith from the Filming of the Adaptation of the Game “Borderlands”
Jamie Lee Curtis, best known for Knives Out, posted the first photo from the set of the film based on the game Borderlands. On it you can see Cate Blanchett as the main character Lilith.
As noted by Jamie Lee Curtis on her Twitter page, she took the picture. And in the film frame there is possible to see only the silhouette of Cate Blanchett without specific details.
Lee Curtis wrote : "This is Lilith - our legendary character with a bad temper, the killer of psychos and the seeker of Vaults".
The Borderlands adaptation will tell about one siren named Lilith (Cate Blanchett). She returns to her home planet Pandora to find the missing daughter of the powerful arms dealer Atlas. For her task, Lilith will assemble a team. It will include the following Hollywood stars:
- Comedian and actor Kevin Hart ("Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle") will play the former elite mercenary Roland;
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Knives Out) as a reckless scientist named Patricia Tannis;
- Jack Black ("School of Rock") will play the talkative robot Zhelezyaka;
- Boxer Florian Munteanu (Creed 2) will play Krieg's thug;
- Ariana Greenblatt (Bad Moms 2) will play Tiny Tina.
The main villain of the film, the head of the Atlas arms corporation, will be played by Edgar Ramirez, known for his role as Gianni Versace in the American Crime Story series.
About the film’s production.
The filming of the tape started in April this year. The film adaptation of Borderlands was directed by Eli Roth, who is behind such films as "The Hostel" and "The Mystery of the House with a Clock." The film was written by Craig Mazin, who is responsible for the HBO series Chernobyl, as well as the adaptation of another game, the post-apocalyptic blockbuster The Last of Us.