2016-17 BruinTech Executive Board elected
OREANDA-NEWS. August 18, 2016. BruinTech’s 2016-17 Executive Board, a team of 10 technologists from across the campus, has officially taken office. BruinTech provides a forum for UCLA IT professionals to share technical knowledge and experience, encourage innovation and foster professional development. Through its events and programs, BruinTech aims to unite the UCLA technical community and empower students, faculty, staff and emeriti to become digital citizens.
BruinTech’s new Executive Board members are:
- President – Gabriel Ruiz, chief technology officer and director of infrastructure and systems solutions, Anderson School of Management;
- President-elect – Raffi Simonian, senior technology project manager, Office of Research Administration;
- Immediate past president – Howard Kim, deputy chief information officer and director of mobile and web solutions, Anderson School of Management;
- VP-events and outreach – Tara Brown, business continuity planner, Insurance and Risk Management;
- VP-information systems – Roozbeh Kavian, senior systems engineer, Student Affairs;
- VP-programs and projects – Gillian Bailey, technology analyst, Center for Digital Humanities;
- VP-strategic communications – Doug Daniels, technical projects specialist, UCLA Library;
- Historian – Sharon Shafer, head of library search and usability, digital initiatives and information technology – UCLA Library;
- Treasurer – Stefanie Pietkiewicz, project manager of community partnership programs, Office of Information Technology;
- Sponsor – Davida Johnson, director of community partnership programs, Office of Information Technology.
For more information about BruinTech and to learn how to get involved, visit the BruinTech website.