Nalgene Outdoor Expands Product Offering to Include Children’s Lunch Boxes
OREANDA-NEWS. For generations, outdoor enthusiasts have heralded Nalgene water bottles for their durability and reliability. Now, the provider of the American-made premier water bottle unveils an exciting new product in 2016.
The Nalgene Lunch Box Buddy, a hard case lunch box geared toward children and designed to pack items in a variety of ways, is now available.
“As with our iconic water bottles, we’ve created a lunch box design to meet and stand up to the demands of everyday life,” says Eric Hansen, director of Nalgene Outdoor products. “Moms and mountain climbers alike tell us that our bottles are ‘trusted companions,’ so this durable and fun lunch box is the perfect complement to Nalgene bottles at the lunch table.”
The Lunch Box Buddy was designed with ease and durability in mind. All components and manufacturing lots were tested by outside labs to comply with the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act:
- BPA/BPS-Free Hard Case – A solid material case stands up to tough cafeteria horse-play or trips to school. Protective design helps prevent mushed sandwiches and snacks.
- Dishwasher Safe –The Lunch Box Buddy goes from dirty to squeaky clean easily. Wipe out for a quick clean or run through the dishwasher (top rack only). No more scrubbing yogurt or apple bits out of fabric seams!
- Just the Right Size –The box has no pre-portioned inserts and is large enough to contain a variety of reusable containers, individually wrapped snacks and drink bottles to accommodate different portions and eating habits.
- Cool Fit – An adjustable ice pack offers three ways to organize, which allows for more flexibility in packing, and helps to keep contents at the right temperature.
- Flip & Serve Lid – Easy-to-open lid flips into a plate for the school lunchroom keeping food away from germ or allergen-contaminated surfaces. When lunch is over, the lid snaps back into place!
- Colorful and Practical Neoprene Sleeve - A Neoprene sleeve that helps contain the lunchbox during transit also offers insulation. The sleeve is machine washable for easy stain and “gunk” removal.
- Hook and Go! – The Lunch Box Buddy fits in most backpacks and also has a loop handle that can be hooked to the outside. Also, Nalgene’s wide or narrow mouth bottles easily attach to the handle.
NALGENE® Outdoor Products is based in Rochester, New York. Founded in 1949 as a manufacturer of the first plastic pipette holder, the company soon expanded its product line to include state-of-the-art polyethylene labware under the NALGENE brand. By the mid1970s, outdoor enthusiasts had discovered the taste and odor resistant, leak-proof and rugged properties of NALGENE’s large selection of plastic containers. In response to this emerging demand, NALGENE Consumer Products was formed and today the business offers its customers a wide choice of safe, environmentally friendly, BPA free products that meet their lifestyle needs.