Famous Russian Doctor Says Vaccine will not Stop Coronavirus
OREANDA-NEWS. Vaccination against coronavirus is primarily aimed at reducing severe cases of the course of the disease, as the doctor and TV presenter Alexander Myasnikov on the Full Contact YouTube program said.
He said: "I would put vaccination as a means to avoid a severe course of illness and death. Today it is one hundred percent guarantee, because none of the vaccinated seriously ill or died."
He noted that 90% of the coronavirus is a common acute respiratory disease, but the other 10% are cases of "covid pneumonia", which vaccination should prevent.
The doctor also stressed that only vaccination can protect against infection with new strains of coronavirus. "If you have been ill with one strain of the virus, then antibodies will not protect you from another. But the vaccine will protect, since it covers the entire protein spike," the doctor added.
Myasnikov concluded that outbreaks of COVID-19 incidence will constantly occur in Russia, the next of which, in his opinion, will occur in late spring and autumn.
Also, a popular TV presenter and doctor told which of the Russians should be vaccinated against coronavirus in the first place.
He believes that the vaccine is vital for people over 65 and people with chronic diseases such as diabetes, obesity, hepatitis and others.