PwC shares 10 diversity and inclusion lessons
These are just two of the 10 lessons put forward in a new PwC report – launched today – that looks at how we approach diversity and inclusion and the progress we’ve made.
Titled The PwC diversity journey: Creating impact, achieving results, the report covers our key milestones such as the introduction of our Global Inclusion Index to drive enhanced leadership accountability.
Bob Moritz, Chairman of PwC International, says: “Embracing diversity and inclusion makes business sense and more importantly is the right thing to do. By sharing experiences and ideas we can all learn from each other and drive the change we need.”
PwC Global Human Capital Leader Agn?s Hussherr adds: “We’re very excited to share the detailed story of our global diversity journey for the first time. We still have a long way to go but the report includes progress such as the recent appointment of our most gender diverse Global Leadership Team (44% female) and a six percentage point increase in our Global Inclusion Index results.”
The ten valuable lessons highlighted in the report are:
- Tailor the business case, then make it resonate
- Recognise there is no ‘quick fix’
- No leadership commitment, no accountability, no progress
- Use data analytics in planning the programme…
- …and use data analytics in executing the programme
- One size does not fit all cultures
- Embed D&I within organisational DNA
- A focus on inclusion from day 1
- Recognise performance over presence
- Engage the masses
Ramping up support for HeForShe
PwC has joined forces with the United Nations to develop a new Building Gender IQ eLearn module that seeks to educate people around the world on the importance and benefits of gender diversity in the workplace and beyond. Available soon, the module will be accessible and free to anyone in the world.
As a HeForShe Impact 10x10x10 Corporate Champion, Bob Moritz, Chairman of PwC International, will join world leaders, change-makers, activists and celebrities at a United Nations event in New York on Tuesday 20 September to mark the second anniversary of the HeForShe movement.
Bob Moritz will be a keynote speaker along with His Excellency Sauli Niinist?, President of Finland, and Emma Watson, actor and UN Women Global Goodwill Ambassador. The event will be livestreamed at 19:00 New York time at: www.HeForShe.org/TurnsTwo.
Says Bob Moritz, Chairman of PwC International: “For PwC, HeForShe is about realising everyone’s full potential. We are very proud to release the Building Gender IQ learning module to raise awareness and encourage action to create an equal world for men and women.”
Global Diversity Week
Notes to editors
- Find out how we are supporting HeForShe at http://heforshe.pwc.com
- Learn more about the PwC diversity journey and download The PwC diversity journey: Creating impact, achieving results publication at: www.pwc.com/diversityjourney
- As part of our commitment to diversity, PwC regularly publishes research including The female millennial: A new era of talent and Moving women with purpose: Creating gender inclusive mobility.
- More thoughts on diversity can be found on PwC’s Gender Agenda blog at: http://pwc.blogs.com/gender_agenda.