InEight InfinyD Version 1.5 Adds Mobile Capabilities to Improve Collaboration Around Project Models and Field Information
Beyond 4-D and 5-D models, the InfinyD enterprise resource visualization platform enables project-driven organizations to consolidate disparate data generated during project execution by adding new "dimensions" to objects in the model, such as documentation, inspection reports and more. Aggregating data across systems helps ensure all stakeholders are aligned and key construction processes are streamlined across applications. And, because InfinyD is built on the neutral Industry Foundation Class (IFC) format maintained by buildingSMART International, customers are not locked into proprietary file formats.
InfinyD 1.5 adds user-driven enhancements that enable new time-saving processes and ease adoption. The combination of InfinyD and MobilyD creates a connected state across all points of the InfinyD project platform. Important information such as "installation status" or "inspections to be completed" can be created and managed in InfinyD and leveraged at the point of construction using Apple iPad tablets. The connected state enables project personnel to efficiently status or progress their work while reducing risk and lost time associated with duplicate data entry.
"Companies trying to manage design data in the field using mobile devices have faced daunting challenges, including slow performance rendering models and missing detail in the data," said Brad Barth, chief product officer of InEight. "InfinyD 1.5 solves both of those problems, making it easy to remotely consume model data -- and update it -- right on the iPad. This keeps things moving forward and helps project teams stay aligned from start to finish."
New InfinyD 1.5 features include:
- MobilyD -- Users can now access the consolidated 3-D models and associated data from remote locations using Apple iPad tablets, helping simplify and speed inspections
- Custom Data Operations -- Provides the ability to normalize model properties aggregated from various design authoring products, as well as introduce new properties or expressions to tailor the information for improved project relevance
- ODBC Capability -- Easily create bi-directional links with external systems (including spreadsheets) to more efficiently incorporate data into the aggregated model
- Trend Reports -- Track any model and connected data over time to view progress for improved decision making
- Integration -- Connectivity with the SAP business suite and Primavera P6 schedules maintains process alignment and creates opportunities for cross-system efficiency and risk mitigation
- World-Class Viewing Platform -- InfinyD is built on the SAP 3D Visual Enterprise application for proven performance and model integrity
InfinyD 1.5 is now available for companies and organizations in project-driven industries, including building, infrastructure, mining, oil & gas, and utilities. To learn more, please visit InEight booth #103 at Spring BIMForum, April 20-21 in Minneapolis, Minn.
About InEight Inc.
With applications trusted for more than 25 years, InEight combines proven software technology with a unified vision to help companies visualize, estimate, manage, control and connect all aspects of capital and maintenance projects. InEight now has more than 20,000 users in more than 500 companies in 33 countries. The InEight solution portfolio enables project-driven companies to get the visibility and control they need to avoid surprises, increase operational efficiency and improve profitability across the project lifecycle. Based in Scottsdale, Ariz., InEight is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation (Kiewit). Kiewit, through its subsidiaries, is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. For more information, please visit ineight.com.