Kenmore®, Craftsman® And DieHard® Brands To Introduce Five New Connected Home Products
OREANDA-NEWS. For generations, the Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands have provided homeowners with the appliances, tools and power needed to make their house a home. Today, the brands announced they will introduce five affordable connected products designed to protect the home and garage, provide peace-of-mind, and save time, energy and money.
"The Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands are part of the fabric of American homes," said Tom Park, president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands at Sears Holdings. "Our members rely on our products' quality and performance not only in their daily lives, but for years to come. We're excited to unveil these new, connected products designed to meet the needs of the modern homeowner, making home management easier and more cost-effective."
The initial product offering includes:
Kenmore, an industry leader in delivering trusted performance:
Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand:
- Wireless-enabled Craftsman Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mower
DieHard, America's most trusted, reliable and preferred vehicle battery brand:
- DieHard Smart Charger and Maintainer
Easy-to-use apps will also be introduced to provide homeowners with remote access from their smartphone or tablet to monitor efficiencies and adjust product settings, which can lead to energy cost savings.
The Kenmore Elite Smart Room Air Conditioner is available now, with the additional products to follow. The connected products will be available in select Sears stores nationwide and online at Sears.com as part of its Connected Solutions offering, which provides ways for members to streamline their routine, save money and put control of their home in the palm of their hand.
Kenmore Elite 8,000 BTU Smart Room Air Conditioner
- The Kenmore Elite Smart Room Air Conditioner offers a stylish new design that allows members to cool their homes from almost anywhere using the Kenmore AC™ app. With wireless accessibility from a smartphone or tablet, members can:
- Control on the go: Remotely turn product on and off, set a schedule or adjust temperature while away.
- Conserve energy: Smart technology provides the ability to run only when needed, saving energy and money.
- Model: 77082
- MSRP: $299.99
Kenmore Smart Water Heater Module
- The Kenmore Smart Water Heater Module allows members to connect to select new and existing Kenmore and Kenmore Elite Water Heaters to monitor and adjust home water temperature and usage. The Kenmore Smart Control app will assist users with:
- Energy savings: Save energy and money on hot water generation by adjusting the temperature setting on the water heater when away from home.
- Water monitoring: View available hot water levels to monitor how much hot water is left.
- Model: 58000
- MSRP: $69.99
Kenmore Elite Smart Hybrid Water Softener
- The Kenmore Elite Smart Hybrid Water Softener allows homeowners to monitor salt levels and water usage remotely to prevent wasted resources. This water softener connects to the Kenmore Smart Control app to help users:
- Manage salt levels: Monitor the inner salt supply and eliminate the surprise of an unexpected need for replenishment.
- Water flow rate monitoring: Keep informed on water flow rate, current day water usage and average daily water usage to easily identify excessive usage and unexpected continuous water flow.
- Model: 38620
- MSRP: $799.99
Wireless-enabled Craftsman Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mowers
- The Craftsman Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mowers are designed for ease of use, especially when mowing large yards with obstacles. These wireless-enabled riding mowers connect with a smartphone or tablet via the new Craftsman Connect app to help riders in the following ways:
- Maintenance checks: Notification alerts members when it's time to change the oil, replace the air filter, check blades and wheel alignment, schedule maintenance, and more.
- Product care: View do-it-yourself maintenance videos and step-by-step tutorials on changing blades, replacing the air filter and changing oil.
- Product information: Owner's manual, parts, attachments and accessories list.
- 22 HP V-Twin 42-in. Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mower: 20400
- 23 HP V-Twin 50-in. Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mower: 20410
- 22 HP V-Twin 42-in. Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mower: $2,799
- 23 HP V-Twin 50-in. Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mower: $3,199
DieHard Smart Charger and Maintainer
- The DieHard Smart Charger and Maintainer allows members to monitor their motorcycle, car or boat's battery health remotely, all with their smart phone or tablet. Equipped with auto voltage detection, members can now use one DieHard Smart Charger and Maintainer for 6-volt and 12-volt batteries.
- Stay charged: Automatically keeps batteries fully charged and maintained at all times.
- Digital Scrolling Display: An alphanumeric display guides members through the charging process eliminating the guesswork.
- Model: DH111
- MSRP: $99.99
Additional Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard connected products will arrive in stores throughout the remainder of 2016.
For more information about current and future smart products visit Kenmore.com/Smart. The complete line of Kenmore appliances can also be found online at Kenmore.com; Craftsman tools at Craftsman.com; and DieHard products at DieHard.com.
About the Kenmore Brand
The Kenmore Brand is an industry leader in delivering trusted performance in the home with smart and stylish appliance innovations that help consumers do things quicker, easier and better. Recognized as a top appliance brand for over 100 years, the Kenmore brand continues to give consumers more time, efficiency and improved results for better living with industry-leading products across small and large appliance categories. For more information, visit www.kenmore.com, www.cookmore.com/press-kit/ or www.facebook.com/kenmore.
About the Craftsman Brand
The Craftsman brand is America's most trusted tool brand. For more than 88 years, the Craftsman brand has developed innovative tools and products, earning a reputation for unsurpassed quality and durability, trusted for generations. The Craftsman brand offers a full range of hand and power tools that meet the needs of the DIY user to the demanding professional. In addition, the Craftsman brand also offers lawn and garden products and tool storage. The Craftsman brand also has a free membership program called Craftsman Club® which gives tool enthusiasts access to exclusive deals, members-only projects, expert tips and news on the latest tool innovations from the brand. Craftsman Club is part of the Shop Your Way® network, so points can be redeemed for purchases at Sears and Kmart and online at Craftsman.com. For more information, visit www.CraftsmanClub.com.
About the DieHard brand
DieHard is America's most trusted, reliable and preferred vehicle battery brand. Introduced in 1967, Sears designed the DieHard automotive battery to produce 35 percent more usable starting power than other similar batteries. Featuring a revolutionary tough, thin-walled case of translucent polypropylene plastic, which was 50 percent thinner than conventional black rubber-type battery enclosures, the design's extra room meant bigger plates, more acid and extra starting power. During testing, not a single failure was reported in over 26,000 starts in temperatures ranging from sub-zero to more than 100 degrees, hence the name "DieHard."
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) is a leading integrated retailer focused on seamlessly connecting the digital and physical shopping experiences to serve our members - wherever, whenever and however they want to shop. Sears Holdings is home to Shop Your Way®, a social shopping platform offering members rewards for shopping at Sears and Kmart as well as with other retail partners across categories important to them. The Company operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation, with full-line and specialty retail stores across the United States.