Brunswick Facilities Worldwide Achieve Safety Recognition
OREANDA-NEWS. April 21, 2016. Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) announced today the recipients of its safety award program for 2015. The purpose of the program is to encourage, recognize and reward employees and facilities that have achieved outstanding safety and health performance through promoting and practicing safety awareness, ultimately minimizing workplace incidents and injuries.
All Brunswick manufacturing, engineering and distribution facilities worldwide are eligible for such recognition. In 2015, three facilities won the Chairman's Safety Award, the Company's highest honor in the category, and each will direct a \\$10,000 donation to a local charity of its choice. Meanwhile, 24 additional facilities were recognized with Distinguished Safety Awards for their 2015 safety performance. In all, 37 facilities were cited by Brunswick for achieving no lost-time incidents during 2015, though all did not qualify for either the Chairman's Safety or Distinguished Safety awards, which include additional criteria.
The Chairman's Safety Award is selected and presented by Brunswick senior management to the most outstanding performers. The separate Distinguished Safety Award designation is achieved by meeting specific safety performance results, which include incident rates and other Brunswick criteria.
The three facilities that have won the prestigious Chairman's Safety Award for 2015 include:
- St. Cloud, Fla., Mercury Marine,
- Dandedong, Australia, Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center, and
- Bangor, Northern Ireland, Whale Parts and Accessories.
Further, 24 Brunswick manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide were cited with the Distinguished Safety Award for their safety performance in 2015, including:
- Dandridge, Tenn., Brunswick Recreational Boats
- Edgewater, Fla., Boston Whaler
- Juarez, Mexico, Mercury Plant 22
- Suzhou, People's Republic of China, Mercury Marine Outboards Plant 58
- Edgewater, Fla., Brunswick Commercial and Governmental Products
- Kiskoros, Hungary, Life Fitness Protokon
- Falmouth, Ky., Life Fitness Hammer Strength
- Franklin Park, Ill., Life Fitness
- Fresno, Calif., Mercury Marine Plant 75 Regional Distribution Center
- Houston, Tex., Land 'N' Sea
- Kansas City, Mo., Land 'N' Sea
- Kent, Wash., Land 'N' Sea
- Lake Suzy, Fla., Land 'N' Sea
- Merritt Island, Fla., Brunswick Recreational Boats Product Development and Engineering
- Miami, Fla., Mercury Marine Plant 85 Regional Distribution Center
- Norfolk, Va., Land 'N' Sea
- Panama City, Fla., Mercury Marine Plant 37 Test Site
- Pompano Beach, Fla., Land 'N' Sea
- Princeville, Quebec, Freshwater Boats Princecraft
- Fort Wayne, Ind., Freshwater Boats Harris and Cypress Cay
- Reynosa, Mexico, Brunswick Recreational Boats
- Shreveport, La., Land 'N' Sea
- Taycheedah, Wis., Mercury Marine Plant 36 Racing
- White Bear Lake, Minn., Land 'N' Sea
"Safety is everyone's responsibility and concern at Brunswick. Each day we strive to ensure the safety of our employees and the communities in which they live and work. Our congratulations to these facilities and their employees on their tremendous accomplishments," Brunswick Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark D. Schwabero said.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., Brunswick Corporation's leading consumer brands include Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrives and inboard engines; MotorGuide trolling motors; Attwood, Garelick and Whale marine parts and accessories; Land 'N' Sea, Kellogg Marine, Diversified Marine, BLA and Bell RPG parts and accessories distributors; Bayliner, Boston Whaler, Brunswick Commercial and Government Products, Crestliner, Cypress Cay, Harris, Lowe, Lund, Meridian, Princecraft, Quicksilver, Rayglass, Sea Ray and Uttern; Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex and SCIFIT fitness equipment; InMovement products and services for productive well-being; and Brunswick billiards tables, accessories and game room furniture. For more information, visit http://www.brunswick.com.