ANGLE plc: NEW PUBLICATIONS UTILISING PARSORTIX
The published poster presentations can be found at http://www.angleplc.com/the-parsortix-system/download-files/ and are as follows:
1) Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute: Detection and molecular characterization of EpCAM positive and EpCAM negative circulating tumour cells isolated from SCLC (small cell lung cancer) patients using an epitope independent platform
2) Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute: Integration of RNA and DNA blood borne cancer biomarkers
3) Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute: Combined circulating tumour cell (CTC) and circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) analysis of blood from patients with pancreatic cancer
4) Heinrich-Heine University, D?sseldorf, Germany: The combination of Parsortix™ system and CellCelector™ micromanipulator enables the characterization of EpCAM negative circulating tumor cells in breast cancer
The published poster presentations add to the growing published evidence in support of the use of ANGLE's Parsortix system to easily and effectively harvest cancer cells from the blood of patients for analysis.
Key points in the published posters includes:
· Development of a robust protocol for the isolation and storage of CTCs. This is of great value for the incorporation of the system in clinical trials;
· Demonstration of the ability to store CTCs once harvested from Parsortix for long periods, facilitating the use of the system for banking samples;
· Demonstration of single cell whole genome amplification (WGA) of cells harvested by Parsortix. This allows sequencing of cell DNA providing a mine of data on the cell and potentially how to treat the patient;
· Demonstration that combined CTC enrichment and cfDNA isolation is readily achievable using a single blood collection tube;
· Illustration of how Parsortix works well with the single cell CellCelector system enabling individual CTCs to be analysed. This will enable research into cancer heterogeneity - an area of growing interest;
· Work flow demonstrates the ability to harvest EpCAM negative cells (which cannot be harvested with antibody-based systems) using Parsortix.
So far in 2016, ANGLE has participated in 5 cancer related conferences:
· Molecular Med TRI-CON 2016: March, San Francisco
· World CDx: March, London
· 10th ISMRC International Symposium on Minimal Residual Cancer: Liquid Biopsy in Cancer Diagnostics and Treatment: March, Hamburg
· Molecular Diagnostics Europe: April, Lisbon
· AACR 2016 (the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2016): April, New Orleans
ANGLE Founder and Chief Executive, Andrew Newland, commented:
"There is now awareness of ANGLE's Parsortix system amongst key researchers in the liquid biopsy field and we are making good progress towards our aim of becoming the system of choice for harvesting CTCs for analysis. It is also encouraging that Heinrich-Heine University, D?sseldorf, is the first of our research use customers to have published data using the system - we expect to see many more in the future."
About ANGLE plc
ANGLE is a specialist medtech company commercialising a disruptive platform technology that can capture cells circulating in blood, such as cancer cells, even when they are as rare in number as one cell in one billion blood cells, and harvest the cells for analysis.
ANGLE's cell separation technology is called the ParsortixTM system and it enables a liquid biopsy (simple blood test) to be used to provide the cells of interest. Parsortix is the subject of granted patents in Europe, the United States, Canada, China and Australia and three extensive families of patents are being progressed worldwide. The system is based on a microfluidic device that captures live cells based on a combination of their size and compressibility. Parsortix has a CE Mark for Europe and FDA authorisation is in process for the United States.
ANGLE has established formal collaborations with world-class cancer centres. These Key Opinion Leaders are working to identify applications with medical utility (clear benefit to patients), and to secure clinical data that demonstrates that utility in patient studies. Details are available here http://www.angleplc.com/the-company/collaborators/
The analysis of the cells that can be harvested from patient blood with ANGLE's Parsortix system has the potential to help deliver personalised cancer care offering profound improvements in clinical and health economic outcomes in the treatment and diagnosis of various forms of cancer.
The global increase in cancer to a 1 in 3 lifetime incidence is set to drive a multi-billion dollar clinical market. The Parsortix system is designed to be compatible with existing major medtech analytical platforms and to act as a companion diagnostic for major pharma in helping to identify patients that will benefit from a particular drug and then monitoring the drug's effectiveness.
As well as cancer, the Parsortix technology has the potential for deployment with several other important cell types in the future.
ANGLE stock trades on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AGL and in New York on the OTC-QX under the ticker symbol ANPCY. For further information please visit: www.angleplc.com