At drupa 2016, Xerox puts inkjet within reach of more print providers
“Xerox is disrupting inkjet. Come see what it looks like today and what it will do for our customers in the future,” said Robert Stabler, senior vice president and general manager, Global Graphic Communications Business Group, Xerox. “We have two new platforms and a wide range of products designed to make inkjet more accessible and affordable for print providers.”
Powerful New Inkjet Presses
The cut-sheet Xerox Brenva™ HD Production Inkjet Press and the continuous feed Xerox Trivor™ 2400 Inkjet Press will both be on display at the Xerox stand at drupa. According to InfoTrends, global production color inkjet print volume is expected to grow 23 percent through 20191.The presses give print shops options and opportunities to break into the lucrative inkjet market.
The Brenva HD opens up new possibilities for inkjet entry into the transactional, light direct mail and book markets by combining the cost effectiveness of inkjet with the flexibilities of a cut-sheet platform. With the Trivor 2400, print shops can move to broader application areas such as catalogs, magazines and color books. The press features high productivity in a small footprint.
Technology Demonstrations of New Inks and Packaging Solutions
Xerox will demonstrate new ink and packaging capabilities including:
- Xerox High Fusion Ink – new ink that enables inkjet printing on traditional offset coated stocks eliminating the need for pre or post paper treatment
- A clear toner for the fifth station of the Xerox iGen® 5 Press
- Xerox Direct to Object Inkjet Printer – inkjet printing on 3D objects as small as bottle caps and as large as football helmets and shoes, eliminating the need for labels in many retail and manufacturing applications
- A Laser-Diode Coding and Marking Solution – working with partners Macsa I.D., S.A. and DataLase Ltd., Macsa ID DIGILase Powered by Xerox, is a new laser-based thermochromic solution that prints detailed graphic content on packages at high speed
A New Partnership: Powering Folding Carton Package Printing
At drupa, executives from both Xerox and KBA?Sheetfed Solutions, a business unit of the Koenig & Bauer Group (KBA), will share more details on their partnership to develop a first-of-its-kind 40-inch, B1 digital sheetfed press for the folding carton market. The KBA VariJET® 106 Powered by Xerox brings the benefits of digital printing such as running multiple versions of the same carton as well as customized cartons, opening up new business opportunities for industrial production printers.
Simplifying the Path to Personalized Catalogs
Xerox, XMPie, A Xerox Company, Solimar and Mueller Martini will demonstrate a new end-to-end workflow solution for personalized catalog production on the Trivor 2400. The Xerox Personalized Catalog solution uses Xerox FreeFlow® Core to automate the entire workflow process, XMPie PersonalEffect® to create customized content to meet tailored requests from customers, and Mueller Martini’s Presto II Digital Saddle Stitcher to bind and finish the product.
Additional Stand Highlights Include:
- Workflow and personalization solutions – Cloud-based offerings, digital publishing solutions and variable data publishing applications
- The Xerox iGen 5 Press – The iGen 5’s fifth station achieved FDA compliance for its blue, green and orange expanded gamut colors
- The Xerox Impika® Evolution and Xerox Rialto™ 900 Inkjet Press – Both presses recently received Fogra certification for quality and performance processes
- Daily music and happy hour – Performances from The Ministry of Sound’s DJ Lovra will take place daily at the stand at 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. CET. Xerox also will also hold happy hour weekdays from 5-6 p.m. and on the weekend from 4:30-5 p.m. CET
Xerox is located at Hall 8B A62, Messe D?sseldorf, at drupa 2016. With a theme “Let the Work Flow,” the Xerox stand will be divided into six application zones including direct mail, books, catalogs, transactional, photos and packaging. A press conference will be held on June 2 at 9 a.m. CET in Messe D?sseldorf’s CCD S?d, Room 2. For more information about Xerox at drupa, visit: xerox.com/drupa.
Xerox is helping change the way the world works. By applying our expertise in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the flow of work to provide greater productivity, efficiency and personalization. Our employees create meaningful innovations and provide business process services, printing equipment, software and solutions that make a real difference for our clients and their customers in 180 countries. On January 29, 2016, Xerox announced that it plans to separate into two independent, publicly-traded companies: a business process outsourcing company and a document technology company. Xerox expects to complete the separation by year-end 2016.
1 Global Production Printing and Copying Market Forecast: 2014-2019, InfoTrends