IC Bus has launched an Imagination Contest for students K-8
OREANDA-NEWS. As part of The Next Stop initiative, IC Bus has launched an Imagination Contest for students K-8 to dream up the bus of the future as well as give student participants a chance to win a $1,000 college scholarship and $500 toward a field trip for their class. The nationwide contest begins September 15, and invites students to create the school bus of the future in a drawing, poem, video, picture, sculpture or model. Entries will be accepted through October 13.
All entries will be showcased in an online gallery for a public vote, and two winners will be announced the week of November 7.
"Through its leading dealer network, IC Bus has formed strong connections with pupil transportation departments in the communities we serve," said Mark Johnson, vice president, Marketing, Navistar, parent company of IC Bus. "This program extends our relationship to all our stakeholders – including parents, students, teachers and administrators– to enlist their support in helping us think about and shape the future of the bus industry."
- Parents and teachers of children in grades K-5 and 6-8 can upload a drawing, poem, video, picture of a sculpture/model, etc. for a chance to win.
- Two winners will each receive $1,000 toward their college fund and a $500 field trip for their class.
- Submissions will be accepted from September 15 through October 13, 2016.
- Voting will take place from October 17 through October 31, 2016.
- Two winners will be announced the week of November 7, 2016 (one per age group).
- Contest submissions can be uploaded via picture by parents at ICBus.com/Imagine.
- All entries will be publicly showcased for others to see and vote on.
- IC Bus will offer an option to mail entry and IC Bus will upload to the microsite on the student's behalf.
- A share function allows parents to share their child's entry on social media to "campaign" for extra votes.
About IC Bus
IC Bus, LLC of Lisle, Ill., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navistar, Inc. (NYSE: NAV). The nation's largest integrated manufacturer of school buses, IC Bus is a global leader in passenger protection, chassis design, engines and ergonomics. The company is also a producer of commercial buses. All IC Bus™ buses are sold, serviced and supported through a renowned dealer network that offers an integrated customer program encompassing parts, training and service.
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, proprietary diesel engines, and IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses.