Schneider Electric praised the exceptional quality of its preferred production at its Global Supplier Day
Turning suppliers into strategic partners
DK Singh, Chief Purchasing Officer at Schneider Electric, commented: “Global Supplier Day provides us with an opportunity to describe Schneider Electric’s ambition to drive innovation at every level through connected energy management and automation technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. We call this Life is On. We also discussed our expectations in terms of innovation, performance and quality of service to enable our suppliers to become truly strategic partners in serving our customers and Schneider Electric’s growth. We are proud to acknowledge the exceptional level of service provided by our top partners.”
The themes of Global Supplier Day were centered on quality, innovation and competitive partnership. Attendees participated in numerous demonstrations, presentations, panel discussions, and workshops. In addition, attendees visited an exhibition of the most innovative Schneider Electric products and solutions produced with the Group’s partners.
Based on meeting a set of operational excellence and performance-related criteria, nine trophies were awarded in the following categories:
- Best supplier in production-related purchases: TS Molymer Co., Ltd.
- Best supplier in non-production purchases: Lenovo
- Best supplier in logistics: Damco International B.V.
- Competitivity and productivity: Chuan Shun Electric, Inc.
- Innovation: NXP Semiconductors
- Quality: Chia Sing Screw Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Social responsibility: Eurostar Engineering Plastics
- Logistics and deliveries: Tianjin Dongming Electronic Industry Co., Ltd.
- Responsiveness: Shubadha Polymers Products Pvt. Ltd.
Suppliers’ compliance with the ISO 26000 international standard, which sets out service quality and sustainable development principles, is among the criteria measured and evaluated in Schneider Electric’s Planet and Society barometer, a dashboard of the Group’s performance on its sustainable development commitments.