Xerox released its 2016 Global Citizenship Report today
OREANDA-NEWS. Xerox (NYSE: XRX) released its 2016 Global Citizenship Report today. The report demonstrates the progress Xerox is making to responsibly provide technology and business process services while helping clients and communities address the world’s greatest challenges.
Key accomplishments in the 2015 fiscal year include:
- Putting Customers First: Xerox is one of the world’s top innovators and leverages this on behalf of its customers. As an example, Xerox and the Florida Department of Transportation are rolling out a next-generation tolling system to drive operational efficiencies and provide a better customer experience for Floridians and visitors. The company’s efforts in shaping the Document Technology market continue to be recognized; for the eighth straight year it was named a market leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services.
- Doing Good Business: Named to “100 Best Corporate Citizens” by Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Diversity and Evolving the Workplace: In the U.S., 60 percent of Xerox’s employees are women, and women represent 32 percent of executive and senior-level managers. Minorities represent 48 percent of employees and 15 percent of executive and senior-level managers in the U.S.
- Preserving the Planet: Reduced energy consumption by 12 percent and cut emissions by 20 percent — that is 65,000 tons of carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) across worldwide sites.
- Caring for Communities: More than 2,500 non-profit organizations, colleges and universities received direct financial support from The Xerox Foundation through grants, matching gifts or community involvement activities.
Social Responsibility will continue to be a central theme after Xerox separates into two market-leading companies, Xerox and Conduent. That is the key message from Ursula Burns, Xerox CEO and chairman, in the 2016 Global Citizenship report released this week.
“For more than 50 years, Xerox’s citizenship initiatives have made a positive impact on the world,” says Burns. In the report, she writes, “Citizenship will continue to be integral to both companies when the company separates. Each will carry forward our values and culture, including a steadfast commitment to integrity, innovation, sustainability and community.”
The annual citizenship report also points out the many ways Xerox leverages technology to help its customers reduce their carbon footprint. One example, CompleteView™ Pro, is a tool in the managed print assessment process that analyzes printing use and costs. Using data analytics, the tool helps businesses better understand the environmental impact of print output such as power consumption and CO2 emissions by device and site.
Other examples include managed print services, trip planning apps, and the Merge™ parking platform.
Xerox is helping change the way the world works. By applying our expertise in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the flow of work to provide greater productivity, efficiency and personalization.