FHI Announces Production,Results for August 2016
|August 2016||Jan-Aug 2016|
|Units||2016 vs 2015||Units||’16 vs ’15|
|+6.9%||First y/y increase in 2 months||474,672||+2.3%|
|+62.8%||3rd consecutive month of y/y increase||181,823||+22.7%|
|Global Production Total||
|+25.0%||First y/y increase in 2 months||656,495||+7.2%|
|Passenger Vehicles||8,367||+3.6%||First y/y increase in 2 months||79,495||-6.5%|
|Mini Vehicles||2,604||+13.5%||2nd consecutive month of y/y increase||23,123||-15.1%|
|Japan Sales Total||10,971||+5.8%||First y/y increase in 2 months||102,618||-8.6%|
|-24.4%||First y/y decrease in 2 months||377,054||+3.0%|
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
< Production >
– Domestic production rose year-on-year due to increased production of the Impreza and Forester.
– Overseas production significantly increased year-on-year, as Subaru vehicle production began on the assembly line that was once used to build the Toyota Camry.
< Sales in Japan >
– Passenger vehicle sales increased year-on-year led by the Impreza and Forester.
– Mini vehicle sales rose year-on-year led by increased sales of the Stella and Sambar.
< Exports >
– Exports from Japan decreased year-on-year for reasons related to schedules of shipments to North America and Europe.