Gazprom and Aginsk Buryat Autonomous Okrug Enter into Cooperation Agreement
OREANDA-NEWS. Alexey Miller, Chairman of the Gazprom Management Committee and Bair Zhamsuev, Administration Head of the Aginsk Buryat Autonomous Okrug entered into a Cooperation Agreement.
The Agreement covers the following major joint businesses:
• implementation of the Development Program for an Integrated Gas Production, Transportation and Supply System in Eastern Siberia and the Far East, Taking Account of Potential Gas Exports to China and Other Asia-Pacific Countries;
• development and execution of CNG & LNG supply and gasification projects in the region;
• development and introduction of gas and energy saving technologies;
• preparation and approval of prospective fuel and energy balances along with the effective use of local resources;
• creation of a comprehensive environmental monitoring system.
The Agreement stipulates cooperation between the parties while attracting insurance and lending institutions to secure joint operations of Gazprom and the Aginsk Buryat Autonomous Okrug.