Toyota Educates Teens and Parents about Dangers of Distracted Driving
OREANDA-NEWS. February 11, 2011. Program Demonstrates Dangers of Distracted Driving in Hopes of Battling 1.6 Million Crashes Caused Annually by Cell Phone Usage and Texting While Driving
• Toyota’s FREE, 2.5 hour, advanced teen driving skills program will be held in Sacramento, Calif., Torrance, Calif. and the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area
• Since 2004, nearly 16,000 teens and parents have participated in the program
• Registration is open online at www.toyotadrivingexpectations.com
• Visit http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/electronic.aspx?fid=112578&id=E0C16054 to view program documentary
Committed to reducing teen driving fatalities and educating teens and parents about the dangers of distracted driving, Toyota is continuing its national FREE advanced teen driving skills program, Toyota Driving Expectations. Since the program began in 2004, nearly 16,000 teens and parents have gained critical defensive driving skills and learned firsthand how everyday distractions, to which new drivers are especially prone, can have unexpected, dangerous consequences.
In March, Toyota Driving Expectations events will be held at the following locations:
• Cal Expo in Sacramento, Calif., March 12 – 13
• Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. in Torrance, Calif., March 19 – 20
• Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine, Texas, March 26 – 27
Participating teenagers must be between the ages of 15-19 and have a valid driver's license or learner's permit. Registration for Toyota Driving Expectations events in Sacramento, Calif. and Grapevine, Texas is currently open online at www.toyotadrivingexpectations.com. Though the Torrance, Calif. event is at capacity, interested participants can still sign up for the waitlist, as well as the mailing list to be notified about future local Toyota Driving Expectations events.