Daiichi Sankyo Announces New 5-year Business Plan
OREANDA-NEWS. Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited today announced a new 5-year Business Plan, which will span from April 1, 2013 through March 31, 2018.
Within the period of the new 5-year plan, we will work toward two major objectives in order to realize sustainable growth and overcome the “patent cliff” owing to expiration of the exclusive patent rights to Olmesartan, our mainstay anti-hypertensive agent, in the US and Europe.
We will achieve sustainable growth by maximum utilization of the business foundation created during the 1st and 2nd Mid-term Plans and improve profitability.
* Over 5% revenue CAGR (FY2012 to FY2017).
* Over 15% operating profit margin by FY2017.
* Over 10% ROE.
* EPS of 150 yen.
* Stable dividends and increased shareholder value.
In addition to Daiichi Sankyo and Ranbaxy achieving high growth and improved profitability in their respective businesses, we aim to create additional synergies between the two companies, not only in the areas of sales and production where initiatives have already begun, but across the various processes of the value chain, including the opening of new markets and the creation of high added-value products.
* Strengthen business in key markets (Japan, India, and USA) and emerging markets.
* Establish flexible corporate structure to navigate changes in business environment.