London to Host Global Investment Conference 2015
OREANDA-NEWS. August 21, 2015. Organised by UK Trade and Investment, the Global Investment Conference (GIC) is the official launch of the Rugby World Cup Business Festival.
Investors, business leaders and government ministers from around the world will come together to develop partnerships for growth. The main theme this year is ‘leading by design and innovation’.
Attendees include potential and existing investors from 9 Foreign Direct Investment target markets with teams competing in the Rugby World Cup: Australia, Canada, France, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, USA. The event will look at how design, creativity and innovation enables companies to compete in global markets.
Attendees will hear from speakers, who include:
- Sir John Sorrell
- Brent Hoberman - Chairman/Co-founder Founders Forum, Founders Factory
- Dr Caroline Hargrove - McLaren Applied Technologies
- Paul Stein - Chief Scientific Officer , Rolls Royce
- Bill Beaumont - Chair, Rugby Football Union (RFU)
- Ian Ritchie - Chief Executive, Rugby Football Union (RFU)
- Andrew Fisher – Executive Chairman, Shazam
- Mike McGee - Chief Creative Officer and Co-Founder, Framestore
- Kathryn Parsons - Co founder and Co-Chief Executive, Decoded
- Gabby Logan - Presenter
What’s being discussed
The GIC will focus on how great design enables companies to compete in global markets. Topics covered include:
- how businesses use design effectively as part of their strategy to deliver world class products
- how design improves the world, drives innovation and changes lives
- how global entrepreneurs are leading by design in the UK
Business leaders will take part in various panel sessions to provide insight on the latest business issues.
The event will be moderated by Gabby Logan.
Business festival during the Rugby World Cup
The GIC marks the start of a business festival which takes place during the Rugby World Cup until the end of October.
Companies can register to attend a series of trade and investment events across the UK during the festival.