Air Mauritius signs up to an efficiency service solution from Rolls-Royce
OREANDA-NEWS. October 06, 2015. Air Mauritius, one of the leading scheduled international passenger airlines in the Indian Ocean region, is extending its already successful fuel management partnership with an Efficiency Service Solution from Rolls-Royce.
As part of the four-year agreement, Rolls-Royce will deploy its fuel management capabilities to support the airline across a range of activities, including data and analytics, and consultancy. This innovative approach is designed to maximise product performance, whilst reducing operating costs for airline customers.
The new contract gives Air Mauritius, which operates 12 aircraft (two Airbus A319s, two Airbus A330s, six Airbus A340s, and two ATR 42/72s), access to the latest version of VisiumFUEL software and expert consultancy from Rolls-Royce, to further optimise its operations.
Captain Garth Gray, Air Mauritius, EVP Flight Operations said: “After three successful years of fuel management partnership with Rolls-Royce and experience using its VisiumAQD safety and risk management system, it made perfect sense for us to strengthen our relationship through this Efficiency Service Solution. We are confident this innovative solution will realise substantial operational benefits.”
James Briggs, Rolls-Royce, Vice President Sales - Controls and Data Services, said: “We are delighted that Air Mauritius continues to put their trust in our products and services. We are confident we can bring even more value, helping them to reduce their fuel costs further.”
Rolls-Royce provides safety critical controls and asset intelligence solutions for more than 300 customers with power applications across land, sea and air. In aerospace, over 50,000 engines and 20,000 aircraft rely upon its world-class data and analytics solutions.
Rolls-Royce Efficiency Service Solutions have been developed to help customers better understand and reduce operational costs, through a data-driven approach incorporating data analytics, consultancy, line maintenance and technical services.
Visium™ is the intelligent platform that is used to collect data from multiple sources, including engine equipment, to analyse it, using highly advanced analytical modelling techniques, and to recommend any appropriate action that is needed to ensure optimum operation. Rolls-Royce’s Visium™ suite of products covers a wide range of applications; from fuel, fleet and emissions management, to equipment monitoring and safety and risk management.
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Rolls-Royce’s vision is to create better power for a changing world via two main business divisions, Aerospace and Land & Sea. These business divisions address markets with two strong technology platforms, gas turbines and reciprocating engines. Aerospace comprises Civil Aerospace and Defence Aerospace. Land & Sea comprises Marine, Nuclear and Power Systems.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 120 countries, comprising more than 380 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
- Our business is focused on the 4Cs:
- Customer – placing the customer at the heart of our business
- Concentration – deciding where to grow and where not to
- Cost – continually looking to increase efficiency
- Cash – improving financial performance.
- Annual underlying revenue was ?14.6 billion in 2014, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services. The firm and announced order book stood at ?76.5 billion at 30 June 2015.
- In 2014, Rolls-Royce invested ?1.2 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 31 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.
- Rolls-Royce employs over 54,000 people in more than 50 countries. Over 15,500 of these are engineers.
- The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills. In 2014 we employed 354 graduates and 357 apprentices through our worldwide training programmes. Globally we have over 1,000 Rolls-Royce STEM ambassadors who are actively involved in education programmes and activities; we have set ourselves a target to reach 6 million people through our STEM outreach activities by 2020.