Fujifilm to showcase two new models of the full-HD, 32x zoom, large-sensor compatible telephoto lenses for long-range surveillance at the Security & Safety Trade Expo and the 15th China Public Security Expo as reference exhibits
OREANDA-NEWS. October 12, 2015. FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) has announced that it will showcase the newly developed “FUJINON FD32x12.5SR4A-CV1”(“FD32x12.5”) and “FUJINON FH32x15.6SR4A-CV1” (“FH32x15.6”) as reference exhibits, at the Security & Safety Trade Expo (RISCON TOKYO 2015) in Tokyo and the 15th China Public Security Expo (CPSE 2015). The 32x Zoom lenses are compatible with larger format sensors, “FD32x12.5” with 1/1.8” format and “FH32x15.6” with 2/3” and deliver premium-quality full-HD pictures across the entire Zoom range for long-range surveillance for national borders and remote locations.
User needs in the surveillance systems market are shifting from being able to “see” to being able to “identify.” In the long-range surveillance segment for national borders, ports, sensitive facilities and remote locations in particular, camera sensors are becoming larger to deliver full-HD pictures and high sensitivity in low light conditions, in order to achieve a higher level of identification performance. Users are increasingly seeking high-resolution performance capable of capturing a subject across their entire zoom range outdoors, especially in low light, long distance, fog and other adverse conditions.
To meet these market needs, Fujifilm is introducing full-HD, long-range 32x lenses “FUJINON FD32x12.5SR4A-CV1” and “FUJINON FH32x15.6SR4A-CV1” and expand the line-up for surveillance lenses with tapping into the optical technologies developed over many years.
Main features of FD32x12.5 and FH32x15.6
1. Full-HD and compatible with large size sensors
- These lenses can capture full-HD, high definition pictures across their entire 32x zoom range.
- In response to market needs for color surveillance even in low light, they are designed for the larger 1/1.8” and 2/3” formats, which are emerging as mainstream in long-range surveillance for higher sensitivity, thereby boosting the identification performance of surveillance systems.
- In order to accommodate full-HD systems, the lenses feature the flange focal length adjustment function, enabling focus settings of greater precision.
2. Expanded interface
- The lenses support both analog and serial interfaces, giving lens control choices to customers according to their existing systems.
- The widely used protocol “Pelco-D” is now supported as well as FUJIFILM unique “C10”.
3. Equipped with a visible light cut filter
- The visible light cut filter creates a de-fogging effect with an IR camera, frequently used in long-range surveillance and keep clear image quality.
4. Improved installation to the housings
- The lenses’ main unit is approx. 20% smaller in height compared to Fujifilm’s existing 32x zoom lenses to enable combination with a greater range of outdoor surveillance system housings.
- They feature a larger seat for being affixed to a housing, and a total of six affixing holes for improved installation stability.
[ FUJINON FD32x12.5SR4A-CV1 / FH32x15.6SR4A-CV1 Main specifications ]
|Resolution||Full-HD 2MP*||Full-HD 2MP**|
|Sensor size (max.)||1/1.8”||2/3”|
|Focal length||12.5 - 400 mm||15.6 - 500 mm|
|Iris range (F no.)||F3.1 - F16||F3.9 - F16|
(From front of the lens)
|? - 3m||? - 3m|
|Iris Operation||Auto (DC / Video Type)||Auto (DC / Video Type)|
|Angle of view
|1/3”||Wide||21°14‘x16° 2‘||17°20‘ x13°4‘|
|Body size (max.)
(258 mm at ? )
(263 mm at ?)
|Weight||Approx. 2.8kg||Approx. 2.9kg|
- * When used on a camera with a 1/1.8”-format sensor
- ** When used on a camera with a 2/3”-format sensor
- *** The products’ specifications and exterior appearances are as of the time of launch (October 9, 2015) and are subject to change without notice.