Oracle Launches New Oracle Cloud Platform Services and Enhanced Development Frameworks for Polyglot Development
PaaS Services for Developers
Oracle Application Container Cloud, a new Oracle Cloud Platform (PaaS) offering, leverages Docker containers and includes:
- Java SE Cloud Service – designed to run Java code that doesn’t require a full Java Enterprise Edition infrastructure, Java SE Cloud Service includes support for Spring, Jersey, Tomcat, Play, and can run JVM-based languages like JRuby, Jython, and Closure.
New versions of Oracle’s Java-based development frameworks are also available, including:
- Oracle Application Development Framework – a framework that simplifies development of Java-based Web applications, this offering now provides extended support for responsive user interfaces creation, and REST/JSON services publishing and consumption.
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework – a framework that simplifies the development of on-device mobile applications across mobile operating systems, Oracle Mobile Application Framework adds functionality that increases performance of applications on both Android and iOS platforms, and provides new user interface capabilities and various other features.
PaaS Services for Business Users
To address the need to democratize application development across lines of business in organizations, Oracle has introduced cloud-based development services for business users. These new services enable business users with no prior coding experience to self-service their development needs through visual and declarative, no-code-required development environments:
- Oracle Application Builder Cloud Service – provides an easy, browser-based development environment for business users to create and publish their own Web applications. This offering allows the creation of custom data objects as well as simplified access to services from Oracle SaaS.
- Oracle Mobile Application Accelerator – an Oracle Mobile Cloud Service feature, it enables business analysts to create device-resident mobile applications through an intuitive browser-based development experience, leveraging mobile-optimized services exposed through Oracle Mobile Cloud Service.
About Oracle Cloud
The Oracle Cloud continues to show strong adoption, supporting 70+ million users and more than 34 billion transactions each day. It runs on more than 50,000 devices and more than 800 petabytes of storage in 19 data centers around the world.