Hewlett Packard Enterprise Helps New and Growing Businesses Overcome Storage Challenges
OREANDA-NEWS. Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) today announced enhancements to its entry storage portfolio to help customers with limited budgets harness content and accelerate applications. New HPE MSA Storage options enable the most affordable dual-controller hybrid flash array from a major vendor while the new HPE StoreEasy 1650 Expanded transforms the economics of storing large volumes of digital information.
For today’s small and midsize businesses (SMBs) and venture-backed companies, the opportunity to innovate is greater than ever. However, as these companies look to bring ideas to value, challenges associated with data management are becoming increasingly more common. With unstructured data doubling every 18 to 24 months and continual pressure to accelerate business decisions, the ability to quickly and efficiently harness the value of information is critical for success.
“In today’s economy, agility and speed are critical to stay competitive, regardless of business size,” said Manish Goel, Senior Vice President and General Manager for Storage, HPE. “That’s why Hewlett Packard Enterprise is bringing enterprise storage scale and performance within reach of customers who have even the most constrained budgets.”
Hybrid flash performance for 45 percent less with the MSA 1040
To accelerate business responsiveness and enable faster decision making, HPE has enhanced its HPE MSA Storage family to include solid state drive (SSD) support for the HPE MSA 1040. This expanded support for SSDs results in new hybrid flash configurations that deliver performance and latency-optimized storage starting at under US $8,500, which makes the hybrid flash-enabled HPE MSA product family affordable for a wider range of new customers.
Application demands are driving the need for shared storage with greater efficiency and performance at a cost that can still fit into constrained IT budgets. With added support for SSDs and advance storage virtualization features previously available only with the flagship MSA 2040, both the MSA 1040 and 2040 can now take advantage of more cost-efficient flash media. These new SSDs deliver hybrid flash acceleration at 30 percent lower price for the same capacity point, putting higher performance and latency reduction within reach of more businesses.
HPE MSA Storage boasts nearly two decades as the go-to, low-cost shared storage choice for HPE ProLiant and BladeSystem servers. The latest enhancements to the HPE MSA 1040 deliver the following benefits:
- Boosts storage efficiency with advanced storage virtualization capabilities such as thin provisioning, enhanced snapshot services, wide-striping, and flash-based acceleration.
- Reduces latency by as much as 70 percent for read cache and as much as 90 percent for Performance Tiering with as little as U.S. $1,599 incremental investment in SSD capacity.
- Up to 75 percent lower storage costs by taking advantage of MSA’s Archive Tiering capabilities, which increases the cost-effectiveness of Nearline SAS hard disk drives (HDDs) by automatically placing data in the appropriate storage tier.
Best-in-class NAS with HPE StoreEasy at 41 percent lower cost in 80 percent less space
For customers who need an affordable and sustainable capacity-optimized solution for bulk and secondary file storage, the HPE StoreEasy 1650 Expanded is an ultra-dense and resilient NAS appliance designed to maximize value and scale without complexity. The system uniquely accommodates 28 easily accessible Large Form Factor (LFF) drives for up to 224 TB of internal capacity in just 2U, making it the most dense 2U NAS appliance on the market. This scalable solution enables customers to store unstructured data at 41 percent lower cost in 80 percent less space with 82 percent fewer components than the equivalent NetApp FAS system.
Sharing a common set of data services with the rest of the HPE StoreEasy family, this new addition provides rapid configuration tools, best-practice storage provisioning templates, and a centralized monitoring dashboard to simplify management for IT generalists. To assure data is protected, the system provides multi-dimensional security—including drive, file system, and data-in-flight encryption—as well as sophisticated data access policies based on automatic file classification. For customers supporting a mobile workforce, the StoreEasy solution provides secure anywhere sync-and-share support that includes Apple iOS and Microsoft Windows devices.
Pricing and Availability
- Support for SSDs on the MSA 1040 is available today via a firmware update GL220, which is posted on hpe.com and free of charge to customers on warranty or a current Service Contract.
- The MSA 1040 Advanced Virtualization Upgrade license is currently available and as of February 15, 2016 is priced at $350.
- The new MSA SSD drives are currently available at the following prices and capacity points: 400GB for $2,220; 800GB for $4,219; 1.6TB for $7,979; 3.2TB for $13,899.
- The StoreEasy 1650 Expanded is currently available and starts at $14,777 with 32TB of capacity.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze.