DB Schenker acquires 75 percent of Redhead Holdings Ltd.
OREANDA-NEWS. After approval by the competent authorities Schenker AG acquired 75 percent of Redhead Holdings Ltd. as of January 29, 2016. A takeover of the remaining 25 percent share is foreseen, contractual after four years.
With the merger of the two companies the last gaps in the UK land transport network can be closed. As part of the acquisition, DB Schenker will become member of the national pallet network Palletforce, with more than 100 strategically located depots throughout the UK. This complements DB Schenker’s own land transport network. Palletforce is one of the largest and most powerful national pallet networks in UK.
In course of the strategic development, the land transport activities of DB Schenker UK will be further developed by the experienced management team of Redhead.