"Peugeot Citroen Rus" will increase the localization of the plant in Kaluga in 2017
OREANDA-NEWS. The company "Peugeot Citroen Rus" intends to achieve a localization level of 50% at its plant in Kaluga in 2017. In an interview with the agency "AUTOSTAT" the managing director of brands Peugeot, Citroen and DS in Russia, Alexander Migal, said about it. To date, localization level at the plant is 35%.
We also note that from February 1st to July 31st, 2016 the plant will operate in reduced time. This is done to meet the annual car production plan for 2016, to prevent mass layoffs and preserve jobs.
Recall, the joint plant PSA Peugeot Citroen and Mitsubishi in Kaluga was opened in April of 2010. PSA Peugeot Citroen owns 70% of the enterprise with a value of EUR 470 million, the rest 30% are owned by Mitsubishi. The capacity of the Kaluga plant designed to produce 125 thousand cars, including 85,000 passenger cars of brands Peugeot and Citroen and 40 thousand SUVs of three brands. Currently, "PSMA Rus" produces by full-cycle mode four models: sedans of C-Class Peugeot 408 and Citroen C4, as well as crossovers Mitsubishi Outlander and Pajero Sport.
At the end of the 1st half of 2016 in Russia it will begin the sales of new generation of Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. The first cars will be delivered to Russia from Thailand, in connection with which the production of the previous generation of this SUV at the plant "PSMA Rus" in Kaluga will be terminated.