Rolls-Royce ready to despatch 100th Trent XWB – for service with Singapore Airlines
The engine will leave the Rolls-Royce site in Derby, UK, in the next few days, to be transported to Airbus in Toulouse. It will power Singapore Airlines’ fourth Airbus A350 XWB.
The engine despatch marks another milestone in the ramp up of Trent XWB production at Derby, which will be producing a Trent XWB engine every working day next year.
The Trent XWB is the world’s most efficient engine flying today, and the fastest-selling wide-body engine with more than 1,500 engines sold to 41 customers.
It has already delivered the best-ever entry into service for a large engine since it entered commercial service in January 2015.
Chris Young, Rolls-Royce, Director, Programmes – Civil Aerospace, said: “It is great to reach this milestone and we continue to increase Trent XWB production to meet future demand. I’m pleased this particular engine is destined for Singapore Airlines at a time when the aerospace world is gathering at the Singapore Airshow.”
Singapore Airlines has a total of 67 A350-900 aircraft on order, all powered by the Trent XWB, with the first aircraft delivery to take place soon.
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Rolls-Royce’s vision is to be the market-leader in high performance power systems where our engineering expertise, global reach and deep industry knowledge deliver outstanding customer relationships and solutions. We operate across five businesses: Civil Aerospace, Defence Aerospace, Marine, Nuclear and Power Systems.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 120 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
- We have three common themes across all our businesses:
- Investing in and developing engineering excellence
- Driving a manufacturing and supply chain transformation which will embed operational excellence in lean, lower-cost facilities and processes
- Leveraging our installed base, product knowledge and engineering capabilities to provide customers with outstanding service through which we can capture aftermarket value long into the future.