Level 3's Colocation Services at Brazil-based Data Centers Achieve Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard Report on Compliance
OREANDA-NEWS. Level 3 Communications, Inc.'s (NYSE: LVLT) colocation services at data centers in Curitiba, Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, have achieved a Report on Compliance with applicable portions of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) version 3.2. A PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) Qualified Security Assessor's audit confirms Level 3's colocation services at three Brazilian data centers meet all data security standards outlined in requirements 9 and 12 of PCI DSS version 3.2.
PCI DSS Version 3.2 Key Facts:
- The PCI SSC was established by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and Discover Card for organizations that house, process and transmit credit card data.
- The process factors in industry feedback from the PCI Council's more than 700 global participating organizations, as well as data breach report findings.
- The new version is used by businesses around the world to safeguard payment data before, during and after a purchase is made.
- The update to the standards is part of a regular process for ensuring the PCI DSS addresses current challenges and threats.
Level 3 Key Facts:
- Level 3 operates more than 350 data centers worldwide.
- Level 3 data centers are managed on-site by a team of specialized technicians and have direct connectivity to its more than 320,000 km fiber network with metro market reach in more than 60 countries.
- In February 2016, Level 3 inaugurated its first Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) scrubbing center in S?o Paulo to provide increased performance and reduced network latency for customers under attack.
- In November 2015, Level 3 activated a power substation with a capacity of 20 MW to feed its data center in Cotia. This capacity is enough to support the growth of up to four times the current power demand, providing the flexibility to support customers' expansions.
- For more information about Level 3's data center services, visit: http://datacenters.level3.com/.
Paulo Poi, GRC Coordinator, PCI QSA
"Supported by the many already existing security controls, it was very natural for Level 3's Colocation Services to achieve this report on compliance with applicable requirements of PCI DSS. This report offers peace of mind to customers, confirming a controlled environment."
Andre Magno, Director of Data Center and Security, Level 3 Brazil
"Our customers need to ensure their IT services and data are housed by a provider that is wholly focused on the safety of their information. For Level 3, it was key to achieve a report on compliance with applicable requirements of this important international standard to demonstrate our commitment to security and safety to our customers in a variety of sectors, including e-commerce, retail and finance."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities.