Broadcom Extends Optical PHY Leadership with New Generation of Gearbox Products
With the general availability of switch chips that have flexible multi-speed port interfaces supporting 10G, 40G, 100G and emerging Ethernet speeds, new gearbox PHY solutions are needed to ensure robust signal integrity and optimize port adaption. The latest
New Product Highlights
BCM82332 -- 10G/40G/100G Tri-PHY
- Supports 100G 10:4 gearbox mode and multiple retimer modes including 12x10G Ethernet and 3x40G Ethernet
- Optimized for enterprise class switches that utilize a mix of 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE ports.
BCM82793 -- 100G Gearbox PHY
- Supports 100G 10:4 gearbox mode and multiple retimer modes including 2x40G Ethernet and 10x10G Ethernet
- Footprint compatible to industry standard 100G gearbox PHY
BCM82864 -- 40G Gearbox Quad-PHY
- Supports 160G 16:8 gearbox mode for 40G Ethernet and multiple retimer modes including 2x100G Ethernet and 2x40G Ethernet
- 100G Ethernet bypass enables end users to change front panel ports from 40G to 100G simply by changing out two 40G QSFP+ modules for a 100G QSFP28 module
- Enables 64x40G Ethernet switch matrix in hyper-scale data center applications.
“Broadcom is the undisputed leader in high-speed Ethernet PHY solutions for the network infrastructure with more than 100 million 10G ports shipped to date.
Lorenzo Longo, senior vice president and general manager of the Physical Layer Products Division at
The BCM82864 is in production now. Samples of the BCM82332 and BCM82793 are currently available with production slated for
Further information on the BCM82332, BCM82793 and BCM82864 are available online at