Cox Enterprises Announces Recipients of The Jim Kennedy Scholarship Fund
OREANDA-NEWS. August 17, 2016. Cox Enterprises announced today the recipients of scholarships provided by The Jim Kennedy Scholarship Fund. The Fund supports children of Cox employees and annually awards ten \\$10,000 scholarships.
The scholarship is automatically renewed for up to three additional academic years - reaching a total value of \\$40,000 – if the student meets the established criteria.
"My grandfather was a school teacher before he founded Cox Enterprises," said Cox Enterprises' Chairman Jim Kennedy. "He always knew that education was important. He also placed a high value on our employees and credited them with our company's success. This scholarship fund is a way to give back to our employees and support their children's higher education."
The 2016 recipients spanned across eight states and include:
- Dayvion Broach: A graduate of Grayson High School in Loganville, Ga.
- Kaylani Brown: A graduate of Olympian High School in Chula Vista, Calif.
- Taylor Cronin: A graduate of West Warwick High School in West Warwick, R.I.
- Joshua Diaz: A graduate of Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Michael Grigsby: A graduate of Midwest City High School in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Ayanna Howard: A graduate of the Westminster Schools in Atlanta, Ga.
- Tristan Loser: A graduate of Chaska High School in Chaska, Minn.
- Gabriella Marchione: A graduate of Northview High School in Duluth, Ga.
- Joseph Mazurkiewicz: A graduate of Great Neck South High School in Lake Success, N.Y.
- Sophia Sandoval: A graduate of Yutan High School in Yutan, Neb.
The scholarships are funded by Jim Kennedy and are open to high school seniors with a parent who has worked full time at a Cox company for at least three years. Cox Enterprises' major divisions are Cox Communications, Cox Automotive and Cox Media Group.
About Cox Enterprises:
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of \\$18 billion and approximately 60,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com.