Dreamforce Pro Tips: Tips to Help You Wow Your Audience
OREANDA-NEWS. September 15, 2016. Speaking at Dreamforce is a fantastic experience, and if you have ever attended, you know that the quality of session speakers is extremely high.
Here we have some great do’s and don’ts guaranteed to help you join the ranks of high-caliber Dreamforce speakers!
Do: Have a catchy, clear, and concise topic and abstract.
Don’t have a topic that is too dull or broad
Do: Create a detailed abstract that tells the audience what they will learn from the session
Don’t leave potential attendees clueless about why they should attend
Do: Create a great presentation outline with a compelling story
Don’t: Ramble and go off topic
Don’t: Use too many words, making your deck illegible
Do: Practice, practice, practice
Don’t: Play it by ear
Do: Arrive early, and know which rituals prepare you best
Don’t: Show up late and feel rushed
Do: Be authentic, make eye contact, manage your speaking voice
Don’t: Leave your personality offstage, read your slides, speed your way through
Do: Allow for Q&A
Don’t: Run away after the presentation
Do: HAVE FUN
Need more presentation tips? The Salesforce Blog has got you covered:
- How to Nail a Work Presentation and Still Be Your Awkward, Introverted Self
- Master the Basics of Presentation Design
- 3 No-Sweat Ways to Improve Your Presentation and Delivery
- The 3 Things the World’s Best Presentations Have in Common
- 6 Public Speaking Secrets from the Top TED Talks
- 8 Smart Steps to Create a Powerful Presentation
- 3 Presenter Tips for Delivering an Engaging Session at Dreamforce
Check out our infographic below for additional tips, from watching your body language to telling a story to an old favorite: practice, practice, practice!
Want more tips to make the most of your time at Dreamforce? Check out Trailhead and our “Get Ready for Dreamforce” Trail.