Every third used car is leaving Moscow and Moscow region
OREANDA-NEWS. Analytic agency "AUTOSTAT" conducted a study of Russian secondary market in the first quarter of 2016. This study covered cars with mileage in Moscow and the Moscow region and it permitted to see their main directions of migration, ie, regions where they go after resale.
As the results of the study show, by the results of the first quarter of this year in Moscow and the Moscow region 165.7 thousand used cars have changed their owners. Thus 67% of them remained in these regions, i.e. they were resold to residents of the capital and the region, which is equivalent to 111.2 thousand units. Accordingly, the rest 33% went to the other regions (54.5 thousand units).
Most of these cars departed to the south of the country - in the Krasnodar Territory and Rostov Region (3084 and 3057 units, respectively.), the total share of which was 2.7%. In St. Petersburg and Leningrad region from the capital region there were migrated 2293 used cars, which is equivalent to the share of 1.4%. Also, a lot of cars went to the neighboring Russian subjects, namely: Tver (2125 units), Vladimir (2085 units), Tula (1993 units) and Kaluga (1953 units) area. Voronezh region hosted 1757 vehicles from Moscow and the Moscow region, and the inhabitants of Dagestan bought 1699 such cars. Smolensk region is slightly behind them (1688 units), which with a share of 1% has closed the top-ten leaders of the rating. In other regions, this figure is less.