Choice Hotels International announced today new parental leave and caretaking benefits
OREANDA-NEWS. Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) announced today new parental leave and caretaking benefits, placing it in a leadership position in the lodging industry.
"At Choice, we know how difficult it can be to achieve work/life balance and we are committed to providing our valued employees with the support they need. The time we each have to spend with our loved ones is never enough, and I'm proud that our company plans to give us all a little more of it. By enhancing our benefits we hope to attract and retain the top talent in the industry," said Steve Joyce, Chief Executive Officer, Choice Hotels.
Highlights of the new policy include:
- Parental leave:
- Up to 4 weeks leave for paternal, adoptive, and domestic partner parents at full pay, to be taken within the first six months after birth to bond with a new child.
- Up to 12 weeks leave for new mothers at full pay, inclusive of approved short-term disability benefits.
- Up to 4 weeks return to work transition time for the primary caregiver, providing full pay for a reduced work schedule.
- Caregiver leave: 4 weeks of intermittent paid leave per year for employees who are taking care of eligible family members, including child, spouse or parent.
- Back-up care support: back-up care available in home or at a facility, includes care for children, specialized care for disabled children or adults, and elder care.
These new benefits are in addition to several already existing offerings such as financial support for adoption, surrogacy and other infertility treatments.
"Here at Choice Hotels, our people are our greatest asset. We realize that our people come to work each day with a personal life, family, friends, hopes and dreams. That is why our Total Rewards Suite reflects the needs of our diverse workforce and takes a holistic perspective on work/life balance. The expanded family leave program exemplifies this philosophy and will benefit the families of Choice Hotels' employees now and in the future," said Patrick Cimerola, Chief Human Resources Officer, Choice Hotels.
These new leave programs are in addition to current vacation and sick pay and are effective October 1, 2016.
About Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the world's largest lodging companies. With more than 6,400 hotels franchised in more than 40 countries and territories, Choice Hotels International® represents more than 500,000 rooms around the globe. As of June 30, 2016, 673 hotels were in our development pipeline. Our company's Ascend Hotel Collection®, Cambria® hotels & suites, Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Sleep Inn®, Quality®, Clarion®, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn®, and Vacation Rentals by Choice HotelsTM brands provide a spectrum of lodging choices to meet guests' needs. With 28 million members and counting, our Choice Privileges® rewards program enhances every trip a guest takes, with benefits ranging from instant, every day rewards to exceptional experiences, starting right when they join. All hotels and vacation rentals are independently owned and operated.