National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test – Post Graduate (Dental) (NEET-MDS)
OREANDA-NEWS. The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for entrance to MDS Courses in terms of Section 10 of the Dentists Act, 1948 as amended in 2016 shall be conducted by the National Board of Examinations.
- The examination shall be held in 86 test centers at 41 cities from November 30th - December 3rd, 2016. The examination shall be held as a Computer Based Test and shall comprise of 240 Multiple Choice Questions from the BDS curriculum followed at dental colleges in India duly prescribed as per the Graduate Dental Education Regulation notified by Dental Council of India with prior approval of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
2. NEET-MDS is a single window entrance examination for entry to Dental post graduate courses. No other examination either at state level or institutional level entrance examination conducted by dental colleges /institutions shall be valid as per the Dentists Act, 1948 with effect from 2017 admission session.
- Scope of Examination: NEET-MDS 2017 shall be the single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Dental Courses’ for the academic session 2017-2018 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
iii. MDS Diploma courses at all Private Dental Colleges, Institutions & Universities all across the country
- MDS courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- The website for NEET-MDS shall be available with effect from 24/09/2016 and online registration for the NEET-MDS shall commence from 0700hrs on 26/09/2016 till 31/10/2016 (23:59hrs). The entire procedure for registration and application for the examination is online.