Alcatel-Lucent: results of Shareholders’ meeting
OREANDA-NEWS. June 22, 2016. Alcatel-Lucent held its General Shareholders’ Meeting in Paris today. Shareholders present or represented, holding an aggregate of 3.357.810.237 shares representing a quorum of 94,87%, voted all of the resolutions placed on the agenda of the Ordinary and Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting, other than the 16th resolution which involves a related party transaction between Alcatel Lucent and Nokia and therefore requires that the shares held by Nokia being excluded from the calculation of the quorum.
The General Meeting approved, inter alia:
- The annual financial statements for the financial year ended December 31, 2015 and the consolidated financial statements, as well as the allocation to the retained earnings account of the results for the financial year ended December 31, 2015;
- The ratification of the cooptation of Mr. Risto Siilasmaa, Mr. Rajeev Suri, Mr. Timo Ihamuotila, Mr. Samih Elhage and Ms. Maria Varsellona as directors of the company;
- The appointment of Mr. Marc Rouanne as a director of the company;
- The renewal of the term of office of Ms. Carla Cico as a director of the company;
- The appointments of Mr. Gilles Le Dissez and Mr. Laurent du Mouza as board observers (censeurs).
The Board of Directors acknowkeldged the expiration of the term of Mr. Philippe Camus as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the company, with effect as of June 21, 2016 and decided to distinguish the positions of Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer. Upon the recommendation of the Comitee on Corporate Governance and Appointments, the Board of Directors proposed to appoint, as of June 21, 2016, Mr. Marc Rouanne as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Mr. Olivier Durand as Chief Executive Officer of the company.
In addition, the Board of Directors acknowledged the lack of quorum regarding the 16th resolution and decided to submit such resolution to the vote of the shareholders at a subsequent meeting.
The presentations of the General Meeting will be available as of this evening on Alcatel Lucent’s website at http://www.alcatel-lucent.fr/investors
Alcatel-Lucent has joined Nokia following successful exchange of shares, creating an innovation leader in next-generation technology and services for an IP connected world.