Rolls-Royce welcomes Hinkley Point C decision
Rolls-Royce is preferred bidder for Hinkley Point C contracts worth over ?160 million, including for the supply of heat exchangers, an integrated emergency diesel system and systems for the treatment and waste processing of reactor coolant in partnership with Nuvia.
We now look forward to working closely with our partners in supporting EDF Energy, and playing our role in the successful delivery of the UK’s first new nuclear power station in a generation.
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Rolls-Royce’s vision is to be the market-leader in high performance power systems where our engineering expertise, global reach and deep industry knowledge deliver outstanding customer relationships and solutions. We operate across five businesses: Civil Aerospace, Defence Aerospace, Marine, Nuclear and Power Systems.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 120 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
- We have three common themes across all our businesses:
- Investing in and developing engineering excellence
- Driving a manufacturing and supply chain transformation which will embed operational excellence in lean, lower-cost facilities and processes
- Leveraging our installed base, product knowledge and engineering capabilities to provide customers with outstanding service through which we can capture aftermarket value long into the future.