Lattice Expands Award-Winning MachXO3™ Product Family
OREANDA-NEWS. Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:LSCC), the leading provider of customizable smart connectivity solutions, today announced the expansion of its award-winning MachXO3™ family of FPGAs with the addition of the MachXO3L-9400 and MachXO3LF-9400 devices available in multiple packages. Built in response to customer demand, the new devices bring expanded I/O and logic support for control PLD applications, while increased on-chip memory improves picture clarity for low cost video bridging in large monitor applications. The MachXO3 family targets the server, communications, industrial and display markets.
The new enhanced features of the MachXO3 family make it ideally suited for implementing control path functions.
- Glue-less 1V I/O interface for out-of-band communication with new, leading-edge processors.
- Hitless I/O enables in-system hardware upgrade along with a switch over from its old configuration to the newly programmed configuration without interrupting the circuit board operation – a feature that is mandatory in high volume systems.
- Password protection feature makes the system more robust against malicious erase commands.
- SED/SEC/SEI feature enables recovery from a soft error event in milliseconds
- Addition of analog I/Os is simple and enables integration of all hardware management while reducing overall cost.
- Fast 900 Mbps operating speeds supported by MachXO3-9400 FPGA’s I/Os ensures that even high-resolution video streams operate smoothly.
“Our award-winning MachXO3 FPGA portfolio is ideally suited for control PLD and bridging, offering the smallest, lowest cost and instant-on programmable platform to enable the integration of critical functions demanded by today’s advanced processors and SoCs,” said Shyam Chandra, senior product marketing manager at Lattice Semiconductor. “We continue to enhance our MachXO3 family to deliver customizable solutions that meet our customers’ next-generation product requirements.”
About Lattice Semiconductor
Lattice Semiconductor (NASDAQ:LSCC) is a global leader in smart and connected solutions. Our customers rely on our ultra-low power, small form-factor Programmable Logic Devices, standards-driven video connectivity ASSPs, high-bandwidth 60 GHz millimeter wave wireless devices, and intellectual property to quickly develop faster, sleeker, and more responsive devices for the Consumer, Communications, and Industrial markets.