Honeywell is launching the latest in its Lyric™ line of connected home products
OREANDA-NEWS. To help homeowners avoid the risk of damaging precipitation and flooding, Honeywell (NYSE: HON) is launching the latest in its Lyric™ line of connected home products: the Lyric Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector.
"Damage caused by sudden water heater leaks, frozen pipes or a faulty appliance can wreak instant havoc on your home and your wallet," said Jeremy Eaton, vice president of Honeywell's Home Comfort business. "A burst water pipe can result in thousands of dollars* of damage. We developed a product that could potentially mitigate the damage, stress, and costs many homeowners deal with across the country."
The Lyric water leak detector joins Honeywell's suite of connected home devices, including the Lyric thermostat. The detector – a user-friendly way to monitor water-related systems and components to reduce the risks of leaks and frozen pipes – comes with up to three years of AA battery life. Bluetooth- and Wi-Fi-enabled, the detector syncs seamlessly with the Lyric smartphone and tablet app, providing an early warning system to homeowners in and out of the home. A loud, 100 dB siren is also included to notify those in the home of an event. The included four-foot water sensing cable can be placed around objects, along floors, cracks and other spaces, and can be extended with additional cable sensors for up to 500 feet of continuous coverage.
The Lyric detector can help to prevent unexpected costs and unforeseen damage by:
- Keeping tabs on the culprits by monitoring areas where water leaks may occur, such as near water heaters, washing machines, dishwashers, toilets, sump pumps, and under sinks;
- Detecting dampness that can lead to freezing pipes or impending moisture issues through built-in temperature and humidity sensors;
- Installing easily by connecting directly to Wi-Fi and not requiring a hub, making it easy to install and place around the home within minutes;
- Giving homeowners peace of mind while traveling by allowing them to have friends, family members or neighbors monitor their home for water-related issues when they're away; and
- Being reusable – after the Lyric detector has sensed water, it can be reset to continue monitoring for future water and moisture problems.