Cathay Pacific Introduces Mobile Boarding Pass Service for Passengers
OREANDA-NEWS. February 14, 2012. Cathay Pacific Airways announced its latest e-service enhancement - the launch of the new Mobile Boarding Pass service that offers additional convenience for passengers departing from Hong Kong International Airport, reported the press-centre of Cathay Pacific.
Passengers travelling on Cathay Pacific who check-in using the airline’s Online Check-In facility can choose to receive a boarding pass directly on their mobile devices via email or SMS text message, enabling them to enjoy a completely paperless experience. The image, which will be accepted as a bona fide boarding pass at the airport, will include a lounge invitation, if applicable, and details of how to proceed at the airport.
At present, the Mobile Boarding Pass service is only available to passengers departing from Hong Kong and Auckland who are travelling point to point on Cathay Pacific flights. Passengers who check-in online with onward connections will not be able to use the Mobile Boarding Pass service, and can either choose to use the Self-Print Boarding Pass option or proceed to designated Self Check-In Bag Drop counters at the airport to collect their boarding pass.
Steps for using the Mobile Boarding Pass service:
(1) Upon successful check-in at www.cathaypacific.com, press the “Confirm and Send” button under the Mobile Boarding Pass label and enter a mobile phone number or email address
(2) Click on the link provided in the SMS text message or email to retrieve the Mobile Boarding Pass
(3) Passengers with bags to check-in should go to the designated Self Check-In Bag Drop counters to drop off their bags at least 45 minutes before departure
(4) Proceed to the security checkpoint and Immigration with the Mobile Boarding Pass
(5) Passengers with no checked bags need to be at the boarding gate Service Desk at least 30 minutes prior to departure to ensure all documents are valid for travel
(6) Scan the Mobile Boarding Pass at the boarding gate
(7) Show the Mobile Boarding Pass to the flight attendants when boarding the aircraft
Cathay Pacific Manager e-Business Lawrence Fong said: “We are pleased to be able to offer yet another addition to the suite of e-service functions available to our passengers. The Mobile Boarding Pass service gives our passengers more flexibility when travelling on our flights and together with the online booking and online check-in service, passengers can now enjoy a truly paperless journey and a smoother experience at the airport.”
Cathay Pacific’s Mobile Boarding Pass service will be progressively introduced across the airline’s network. More details at www.cathaypacific.com/mobile_boarding_pass