Seabourn Honored With Nine 2015 Magellan Awards From Travel Weekly
The 2015 Magellan Awards honored Seabourn with five Gold Awards in the following categories:
- Luxury Ship Entertainment for Seabourn Conversations program
- Cruise Marketing for the line's promotional Antarctica video
- Cruise Marketing for Seabourn Encore'sdedicated Microsite
- Cruise Marketing for the line's UNESCO partnership
- Cruise Marketing for the line's Multi-Product direct mail efforts
Seabourn also received four Silver Magellan Awards including:
- Overall Luxury Ship for Seabourn Quest
- Overall Loyalty Program for Seabourn Club
- Luxury Ship Suite Design for the line's signature Penthouse Spa Suites
- Expedition Shore Excursions for Ventures by Seabourn™
"We are pleased to be recognized with so many awards across so many categories by Travel Weekly and the premier judging panel the magazine assembled for its 2015 Magellan Awards," said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. "As always, it is gratifying to see that our commitment to delivering innovative guest programming and an outstanding onboard product has been acknowledged, while our marketing efforts have also made an impact among industry professionals."
Judging for the 2015 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards was carried out by top industry experts including Nancy Novogrod, former Editor in Chief of Travel + Leisure; CBS Travel Editor Peter Greenberg; Patricia Schultz, author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die; Rob Kwortnik, a Professor at Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, and others.
Seabourn's intimate, all-suite ships have earned a myriad of honors over the years, including five awards as the "Best Small-Ship Cruise Line" in the Cond? Nast Traveler Readers' Choice poll and six "World's Best Small-Ship Cruise Line" awards from the readers of Travel + Leisure. In addition, Seabourn was recently honored with a Good Taste Award for "Finest Cruise Line Dining" by Saveur, and won "Best Boutique Cruise Line" from Cruise International.
Seabourn's intimate ships offer key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas; superb dining in a choice of venues; open bars throughout the ship; fine wines poured at lunch and dinner; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home onboard. The ships travel the globe throughout the year, sailing to many of the world's most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites and lesser-known ports and hideaways.