FedEx Launches FedEx Customized Freight in Thailand
OREANDA-NEWS. FedEx Express (FedEx), a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) and the world’s largest express transportation company, has launched FedEx Customized Freight (FCF) in Thailand, a brand-new service for outbound shipments from Thailand to the rest of the world and inbound shipments from the United States and other major Asian markets. The service benefits industries requiring high-level monitoring for temperature control, package security and shipping processes, such as the healthcare, automotive and electronics sectors.
“Thailand is the second largest exporter in ASEAN and plays a key role in the regional supply chain. FedEx is well-positioned to meet the rising demand for cross-border logistics services in the region with our strong global network connecting businesses to 220 countries and territories,” said David Carden, managing director, FedEx Express, Thailand and Indochina. “FedEx Customized Freight demonstrates our commitment to providing innovative solutions for customers’ evolving needs. This tailor-made shipping service will benefit customers with complex or unusual shipping requirements.”
Offering nationwide coverage in Thailand, FCF leverages the expertise of FedEx Express and FedEx Custom Critical. Through the global transportation network of FedEx Express and the customized value-added services of FedEx Custom Critical, FCF determines door-to-door routing based on the customer’s special shipping needs along with integrated transportation management and coordination. The main features include:
- Customized solutions and network routing using the FedEx network and flights
- Dedicated vehicles to pick up and deliver packages
- Priority handling and boarding on FedEx freighters
- Weekend and holiday deliveries
- 24/7 shipment management including proactive monitoring and near-real-time updates throughout transit
- Shipment audits upon arrival to ensure all specifications match the initial solution design and the document audit trail meets regulatory compliance
- A variety of active temperature-controlled air-cargo containers along with temperature data and quality support
- 24/7/365 professional support, for example, advice on packaging, customs regulations and/or security
Combining its rich shipping experience with advanced technology, FedEx supports the diverse logistics needs of customers. Last May, FedEx launched the Cold Chain Center at the FedEx Express World Hub in Memphis to meet the temperature-controlled and time-sensitive needs of the global healthcare industry. FCF goes a step further, offering customers premium supply chain management service. FCF is already in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.