Russian anti-virus company Doctor Web has updated the Dr.Web SelfPROtect component
OREANDA-NEWS. Russian anti-virus company Doctor Web has updated the Dr.Web SelfPROtect component (11.01.04.08150), Dr.Web Anti-rootkit API (220.127.116.11608170), Dr.Web Updater (11.0.7.08260), and Dr.Web Shellguard anti-exploit module (11.01.03.09070) in the product Dr.Web KATANA 1.0.
A self-protection module defect that might cause system crashes if Microsoft Hyper-V was enabled has been corrected.
Also corrected was a Dr.Web Updater issue that caused problems when updating the anti-virus via a proxy server.
The following issues have been resolved in Dr.Web Shellguard:
- A compatibility issue between Dr.Web Shellguard and the Kyocera 8001i printer driver;
- Errors that could cause Internet Explorer, Skype for Business, and Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 to terminate abnormally;
- An error that caused the 64-bit version of MS Word 2016 to terminate abnormally if DeviceLock software was installed in the system;
- A problem involving the abnormal termination of Internet Explorer 9 while webpages using ActiveX were being loaded;
- A problem that occurred on machines that had Microsoft Office XP applications installed on them;
- A conflict with EMET software;
- Interaction issues with Microsoft Office applications launched using VMWare ThinApp software;
The update will be performed automatically; however, a system reboot will be required.
Doctor Web is the Russian developer of Dr.Web anti-virus software. We have been developing our products since 1992. The company is a key player on the Russian market for software that meets the fundamental need of any business — information security. Doctor Web is one of the few anti-virus vendors in the world to have its own technologies to detect and cure malware. Our anti-virus protection system allows the information systems of our customers to be protected from any threats, even those still unknown. Doctor Web was the first company to offer an anti-virus as a service and, to this day, is still the undisputed Russian market leader in Internet security services for service providers. Doctor Web has received state certificates and awards; our satisfied customers spanning the globe are clear evidence of the high quality of the products created by our talented Russian programmers.