HP Announces Multiple Industry Firsts in New Portfolio to Extend Commercial PC Leadership
OREANDA-NEWS. September 30, 2015. HP today unveiled its newest PCs from the company’s Elite product family, including the HP EliteBook 705 series – the thinnest and lightest notebooks in their class (1) – stylish All-in-Ones (AiOs), and updates to its entire desktop line featuring the world’s smallest business-class desktop.
Among the solutions HP announced today:
- The world’s thinnest and lightest mainstream business-class notebooks1, the HP EliteBook 705 G3 series delivers the style and reliability that today’s design-conscious workforce is looking for.
- Featuring two firsts for HP – integrated wireless charging built into the stand (2) and an AiO fingerprint reader(3) – the HP EliteOne 705 and 800 G2 AiOs are redesigned with new materials to be sleeker and thinner than the previous generation, ideal for more modern workspaces.
- The world’s smallest business-class desktop(4), the HP EliteDesk 705 and 800 G2 Desktop Mini has the power and security of a traditionally sized desktop.
- Now with an HP exclusive Intel Unite Skype for Business Plugin(5), the new HP Collaboration PC G2 with Intel® Unite™ Software offers quick and intuitive Skype meeting starts with audio conferencing and document sharing.
- The industry’s first self-healing BIOS-level protection, HP Sure Start is now available across the entire upcoming Elite portfolio – including desktops and AiOs for the first time – for built-in device protection.
“Customers told us that they love our highest-end Elite notebooks and asked us to bring innovation from the C-suite to their broader employees across both notebook and desktop products,” said Alex Cho, vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP. “We responded by delivering thin, light and sleek designs, improved collaboration and integrated, modern security to mainstream business devices with the Elite 705 and 800 Series PCs, so every employee can experience cool, productive and secure devices.”
Businesses are experiencing a transformation: millennials now represent nearly 34 percent of the workforce(6) with 86 percent of millennials considered tech-savvy(7), 62 percent of users work from more than one location(8), and knowledge workers carry an average of 3.1 devices(9). The new Elite PCs are beautifully styled with today’s workforce in mind with a focus on reliability and durability, designed to undergo MIL-SPEC 810G testing and more than 120,000 hours of HP’s Total Testing Process(10).
As more business adopt collaboration tools – like Skype for Business – where sound quality can make the difference between a great meeting and a garbled conversation, HP’s new Elite notebooks and AiOs feature audio by BANG & OLUFSEN. All Elite PCs carrying the Bang & Olufsen brand are custom-tuned with Bang & Olufsen’s acoustical engineers for precise sound experience in business use. To make the experience even better, Elite notebooks and AiOs are also installed with HP Noise Reduction Software for improved audio input and HP Clear Sound Amp for balanced audio output.
As malware and other attacks against organizations become more prevalent and with long-term business impact, HP has expanded HP Sure Start from HP Elite notebooks to also include the upcoming desktop line of Elite PCs(11). Select Elite PCs also include HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection, which goes beyond checking the BIOS when there is a state change, but also throughout the day at regular intervals for additional protection(12).
Experience greater productivity and mobility with new thin and light Windows 10 notebooks
The new HP EliteBook 705 G3 series are thin, light and powerful, with a new silver magnesium and aluminum chassis, and a starting weight of 2.78 lbs(13), and 18.9 mm thin at its thickest point. Available in 12.5”, 14.0” and 15.6” diagonal HD, FHD or QHD(14) screens, the notebooks include the new high-performance AMD PRO A12 APU – the first commercial APU with integrated R7 Radeon™ graphics – exclusively from HP for a limited time.
Engineered based on extensive user studies, the HP Premium Keyboard is now available on the EliteBook 705 series, providing a remarkable balance of comfort and feedback beyond a traditional notebook keyboard. Featuring enterprise docking, these notebooks are also designed to be productive while on-the-go, with a full-size Display Port and VGA and RJ-45 ports.
The EliteBook 705 series also features HP Long-Life Rechargeable Batteries, which offer up to a three-year lifespan or 1,000 full charge and discharge cycles, lasting 2-3 times longer than standard notebook batteries to help lower total cost of ownership while helping reduce the environment footprint of the device(15). An external SIM slot and optional WWAN(16) give users additional flexibility to connect on the road.
Redesigned desktops, all-in-ones for the modern office
HP’s new Elite AiOs and desktops with Windows 10 – including the HP EliteDesk 705 and 800 G2 Desktop Minis, HP EliteDesk 705 and 800 G2 Small Form Factors, HP EliteDesk 705 G2 Micro Tower, and the HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower – are optimized for performance, with 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors or 6th Generation AMD APUs. DDR4 memory is now standard on Intel-based desktops to enable energy efficiency and high performance. The EliteDesk 800 Desktop Mini also offers additional flexibility with an Intel-based 65W CPU option for applications requiring greater processing power(17).
The redesigned HP EliteOne 705 and 800 G2 AiOs feature built-in cable management for a clean look and can be configured with a new adjustable height stand featuring Tri-Mode Wireless Phone Charging, perfect for people constantly using mobile devices and needing to stay charged throughout the day2. An optional wireless charger built into the stand can charge mobile devices without wires in a convenient location using Qi, PMA and A4WP wireless charging platforms. An optional Tri-Mode Charging Pad is also available(18).
As offices evolve to be more open and modern, the EliteDesk 705 and 800 Desktop Minis are designed to fit anywhere where space is a constraint, with an optional HP PC Mounting Bracket to attach the Mini directly behind the new HP EliteDisplays. Perfect for companies with high-traffic areas, HP offers the new HP Desktop Mini LockBox, a secure enclosure to protect the PC, power brick and cable connections. For offices in more open locations, the EliteDesk 800 Tower and EliteDesk 800 Small Form Factor have an optional Dust Management solution, which is designed to reduce dust particles from entering the device to help improve its durability and help reduce total cost of ownership.
Visualize productivity for the new collaborative workspace
As workspaces, huddle rooms and conference rooms evolve to meet the needs of a changing workforce, HP has several collaboration solutions that span across PCs, displays and accessories. The new HP Collaboration PC G2 leverages the latest EliteDesk 800 Desktop Mini to create an ideal solution for businesses and conference rooms of any size. With the HP exclusive Intel Unite Skype for Business Plugin, this device enables a seamless Skype meeting start via a wireless screen connection and offers simple, intuitive, instant onscreen collaboration and document sharing. As part of HP’s suite of collaboration solutions, the new HP EliteDisplay E240c Video Conferencing Monitor creates a communication hub in a meeting room to connect and collaborate with an integrated HD webcam, microphone, high performance speakers and easy-to-access hot keys on the bezel to place a call, adjust volume, and mute.
New retail system leverages world’s smallest business-class desktop4
The new HP MP9 G2 Retail System also leverages the EliteDesk 800 Desktop Mini so retailers can manage their business from the store floor to the back office and all points in between. The device has a three-year production cycle and a choice of operating systems – including Windows Pro and the Windows Embedded OS – making the MP9 optimal not just for retailers but for any customer requiring stability and versatility in their environments.
Pricing and Availability(19)
- The AMD-based HP EliteBook 705 G3 series is expected to be available in September, starting at \\$749.
- The AMD-based HP EliteOne 705 G2 AiO is expected to be available in September, starting at \\$849.
- The Intel-based HP EliteOne 800 G2 AiO is expected to be available in October, starting at \\$1,199.
- The AMD-based HP EliteDesk 705 Micro Tower are available now, starting at \\$519.
- The AMD-based EliteDesk 705 Desktop Mini is expected to be available in October, starting at \\$499.
- The Intel-based HP EliteDesk 800 series is expected to be available in September, starting at \\$699.
- The HP Collaboration PC G2 is expected to be available in September, starting at \\$729.
- The HP EliteDisplay E240c is expected to be available in October, starting at \\$249.
- The HP MP9 G2 Retail System is expected to be available in December.
For more information on HP’s Elite Series of PCs, visit www.hp.com/go/newstyleit.
(1) Based on HP’s internal analysis of mainstream business class notebooks as of September 23, 2015 with >1 million unit annual sales having pre-installed encryption, authentication, malware protection and BIOS-level protection, passing MIL STD 810G tests, with optional docking incorporating power delivery, clamshell model, Intel Core U-Series or AMD PRO A-Series processors, built in VGA or HDMI, Display Port, RJ-45 and at least two USB 3.0 ports, integrated Smart Card reader, full connectivity offering optional WWAN, and at least 44 WHr battery.
(2) Tri-Mode Wireless Phone charging is a configurable adjustable stand feature for the HP EliteOne 705 and 800 G2 AiOs.
(3) The fingerprint reader is a standard feature on the HP EliteOne705 G2 AiO and HP EliteOne 800 G2 AiO touch models.
(4) Based on business class desktop PCs as of September 21, 2015 among vendors with >1 million unit annual sales having 6th Gen Intel 65W desktop processors, integrated VESA mount and VGA, 6 USB Ports, Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 10 Pro, and TPM.
(5) Skype for Business subscription required.
(6) Millennials in the workforce (US statistics), Euromonitor International from International Labour Organisation (ILO)/Eurostat/national statistics, 2014
(7) HP Proprietary Quantitative Research with Worldwide End Users, 2015
(8) HP Proprietary Quantitative Research with Worldwide End Users, 2015
(9) HP Proprietary Quantitative Research with Worldwide End Users, 2015
(10) MIL STD 810G testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. MIL STD and HP Total Test Process test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions. Damage under these test conditions or any accidental damage requires an optional HP Accidental Damage Protection Care Pack
(11) Sure Start is available on select prior model HP Elite PCs and current HP Elite 700 and 800 series commercial Desktop and notebook products.
(12) Only available on Intel-based Elite PCs.
(13) Weight will vary by configuration.
(14) QHD screen is only available on the HP EliteBook 745 Non-Touch. Full High definition (HD) content is required to view quad high-definition images.
(15) 3 year limited warranty or 1,000 cycles. Battery cycles are the total number of full charge/discharge cycles a battery yields before it can no longer hold a useful amount of charge. Battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality ad power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See http://www.hp.com/go/liionbattery.
(16) WWAN is an optional feature available on select models only. Use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area.
(17) Based on HP’s internal analysis of business class desktop PCs as of September 21, 2015 among vendors with >5 million unit annual sales having 6th Gen Intel 65W desktop processors, integrated VESA mount and VGA, 6 USB Ports, Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 10 Pro, and TPM.
(18) Optional features sold separately or as add on features.
(19) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft, Skype for Business and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS Licensing Limited. DTS, the Symbol, & DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks, and DTS Studio Sound is a trademark of DTS, Inc. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S registered trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.