New EMC Hybrid Cloud Platform Enhancements Simplify the Journey to Cloud, Ignite IT Transformation
EMCannounces general availability for Enterprise Hybrid Cloud v4.0
- Enterprise Hybrid Cloud v4.0 enhancements include expanded multi-site support, enhanced data protection and anytime VM encryption
- New Native Hybrid Cloud offering, built on hyper-converged VCE VxRail Appliances, provides a platform that delivers simple and easy path toward the development and deployment of cloud native applications
Connect With Us:
- At VMworld 2016: Visit EMC at VMworld booth #1223 to learn more about all
EMCsolutions, products and services that support VMware
- Follow the conversation on Twitter with @EMCCorp, @EMCCloud and @EMC_News and join conversations at VMworld with #VMworld
Chad Sakac talks about what enterprise customers are looking for with a Hybrid Cloud. Watch here.
Chad Sakac explains why developers are interested in Native Hybrid Cloud. Watch here.
- Learn more about EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud
- Learn more about EMC Native Hybrid Cloud
Understanding the needs of organizations to transform to a more modern, automated, self-service IT environment,
Enterprise Hybrid Cloud
For businesses primarily running business-critical applications such as SAP,
New capabilities in Enterprise Hybrid Cloud v4.0 include:
- Multi-Site Support: Extends Enterprise Hybrid Cloud from dual-site to up to four datacenter sites with up to four instances of vCenter. This enables
EMCcustomers with physically distributed data centers to centrally manage their multi-site cloud using a self-service catalog
- Enhanced Data Protection: Data protection choices can now span multiple sites. In addition, new data protection options enable recovery to any point-in-time from outages, corruption or disasters for individual or groups of Virtual Machines via the self-service catalog. And enhancements to backup support allow modifications to backup service levels to be performed at any time throughout the lifecycle of a workload from the self-service catalog
- Anytime VM Encryption: The ability to add or remove encryption for VMs via the self-service catalog at any time in the lifecycle of a VM
Additional enhancements to Enterprise Hybrid Cloud are targeted for later this year. These enhancements are planned to include new workflows that automate application to infrastructure provisioning to reduce the time and complexity of delivering new services.
Native Hybrid Cloud
For organizations looking to differentiate their businesses through the rapid development of cloud native applications, Native Hybrid Cloud offers a turnkey Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform. EMC today announced plans for a new, Native Hybrid Cloud offering based on the VCE VxRail 200 and 200F models.
Designed to start small and quickly scale as demand for new applications grow, the platform is planned to provide organizations with a flexible, cost effective and optimized hybrid cloud platform for cloud native application development and deployment that is inclusive of IaaS, PaaS and developer & IT OPS services. Benefits include:
- Customers can now quickly deploy a turnkey modern application development platform into their environment while leveraging their existing and proven investments in
VMwareinfrastructure and knowledge of VMwarevSphere and Virtual SAN technologies
- Delivers centralized infrastructure resource management, provisioning and performance evaluation from the familiar vCenter Server Console
- Delivers the benefits of
EMCconverged infrastructure: increased agility, simplified operations and lower risk
General availability of Native Hybrid Cloud on VCE VxRail Appliances 200 and 200F are planned for the end of the third quarter of 2016.
Market Industry Analyst Quote
Dan Conde, Analyst,
"Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC) allows IT organizations to reduce the time and cost of delivering IT services for business critical applications while Native Hybrid Cloud (NHC) offers a turnkey, Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform for modern applications. What makes these platforms distinctive is that they offer a rich set of options for layered services such as disaster recovery for EHC or choices in software platforms for NHC, while simplifying packaging, operational management and deployment. Thus, they may be tailored to specific needs while providing the benefits of a converged solution."
Loretta Brown, Vice president, Federation,
"Enterprise Hybrid Cloud and Native Hybrid Cloud are built on a foundation of proven
Peter Cutts, Vice President, Solutions,