OREANDA-NEWS. The Ministry of Defense of Great Britain announced after the violation of the Russian border by the destroyer of the country that the Navy ship was making a passage through the territorial waters of Ukraine with innocent purposes, according to international law, no warning shots were fired.

Earlier it was reported that the Black Sea Fleet, together with the FSB Border Service, stopped the violation of the state border by a British destroyer, the Russian military had to fire warning shots and drop four bombs. Subsequently, the Defense Attaché at the British Embassy in Moscow was summoned to the Russian Defense Ministry in connection with the incident.

Former commander of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, Admiral Vladimir Komoedov, told Interfax that no one is going to welcome these ships "with honor." But it will be necessary to track their actions technically, from the air and space. Komoedov called the frequent visits of NATO ships to the Black Sea "overkill." He noted that the incoming ships comply with the Montreux Convention, but there was no such activity by ships from non-Black Sea countries, even in Soviet times.

The first vice-speaker of the Crimean parliament, Efim Fix, called the entry of the British destroyer into the territorial waters of the Russian Federation near Crimea a deliberate provocation and does not believe in an accidentally made mistake. According to him, the British decided to test the fortitude of the Russian army with such "antics". “What interests can they have in the Black Sea off the coast of Crimea?”, - Fix wonders, he is quoted by RIA Novosti.

"No warning shots have been fired at the Defender. The British Navy ship is making innocent passage through the territorial waters of Ukraine in accordance with international law," the British Defense Ministry said in a statement on Twitter.

Also, the British Ministry of Defense said that Russia was conducting "shooting exercises" in the Black Sea.

The telephone of the press service of the Ministry of Defense does not answer, the answering machine turns on, and the British and international media could not receive an operative comment on the incident.