Ukraine Imposed Additional Sanctions Against Russia
OREANDA-NEWS President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko put into effect the decision of the national security and defense Council of Ukraine on additional personal sanctions against Russia, the corresponding decree published on the website of the Head of state.
The National Security Council earlier approved the decision to impose new sanctions against Russia. We are talking about measures against both legal entities and individuals, including companies, politicians, businessmen and law enforcement officials. The National Security Council believes that these people and companies "actively supported or contributed to aggressive actions against Ukraine."
The press service of the Council said that the sanctions imposed against 294 the legal and 848 individuals. We are Talking about those who, in the opinion of the Board:
- participated in the construction of the bridge across the Kerch Strait;
- involved in the " armed attack and seizure of Ukrainian military boats»;
- organized and contributed to the "pseudo-elections" in the Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics;
- "demonstratively violated the Ukrainian legislation", which concerns the visit to the territory of the Crimean Peninsula;
- distributed publishing " production of the anti-Ukrainian contents»;
- illegally received and use the Museum collection belonging to Ukraine.
Under Ukrainian restrictions were including citizens of South Ossetia, Abkhazia, Greece, Spain, Austria, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Brazil and Germany, who worked as observers in the elections to the LPR and DPR in November 2018. Sanctions against them include the freezing of assets. Ukraine has stated that he considers the elections illegitimate. Observers were about 50 representatives of 14 countries.
The list also includes:
- the Head of "Rosneft" Igor Sechin,
- ex-co-owners of Promsvyazbank Alexey and Dmitry Ananiev,
- the Head of Rostec Sergey Chemezov,
- state Duma speaker Vyacheslav Volodin,
- Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak,
- authorized representative of the LPR at the talks in Minsk Vladislav Deynego,
- first Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council Committee on defense and security, Vladimir Kozhin
- the former Head of Russian Railways Vladimir Yakunin
- assistant to the President of Russia Andrei Fursenko
- Head of the border Department of the FSB in the Crimea rear Admiral Sergei Stankevich
Sanctions against four banks with Russian capital have also been extended. Earlier sanctions were imposed against Sberbank, joint-Stock commercial industrial investment Bank, VTB Bank and BM Bank.
Poroshenko announced new sanctions in December last year-the day after Russia expanded its sanctions list against Ukrainian individuals and legal entities.