The Survey Showed How Much Russians Give Children for Pocket Money
OREANDA-NEWS. Three-quarters of Russians support the idea of allocating a certain budget for pocket money for their children; most parents believe that the optimal amount for pocket money for children is up to 250 rubles a week. This is stated in the research "Rosgosstrakh Bank", which is at the disposal of RIA Novosti.
"About 74% of the Russians surveyed support the idea of allocating a certain budget for pocket money for their children. While 26% do not consider it compulsory," the experts found out.
The majority of parents - 45% - consider the optimal amount of pocket money for children to be up to 250 rubles a week, another 19% - from 250 to 500 rubles. Every tenth Russian is ready to give a child up to 750 rubles a week, about 13% - up to 1000 rubles, and 12% - over 1000 rubles.
About 56% of parents are aware of what their child spends pocket money on: 33% know that their child buys "sweets" with their personal savings, and 23% - that they save for a large purchase.
The rest of the Russians believe that they do not have to delve into the personal budget of their child: of them, 23% do it deliberately in order to accustom them to independence, and 21% are not interested in the goals of children's spending in general.
More than half of adult Russians (51%) reported that they were given pocket money in childhood, the remaining 49% of the respondents noted that they had no personal money.