Spirits from AliExpress: 18 People Were Poisoned in Russia
OREANDA-NEWS One of the students sprayed perfume in the classroom of the College. 18 people were injured, 16 of them needed hospitalization.
"There was a mass inhalation poisoning teenagers unknown substance. 18 people were taken to the Arsk CRH, 16 of them were hospitalized," the Ministry of health of the Republic said, noting that the condition of the poisoned is estimated as moderate.
On the fact of poisoning of adolescents initiated a criminal case under part 1 of article 238 of the Russian criminal code (production, storage, transportation or sale of goods and products not meeting safety requirements), told in the regional Department of the Investigative Committee (IC).
"According to preliminary data, the poisoning occurred after one of the students sprayed perfume of unknown origin in the study room," media noted. They also specified that all the victims are students of Arsky pedagogical College. Law enforcement officers took air samples at the scene.
"The students of the second year of 2001-2002 years of birth, complained of nausea, vomiting, dizziness," — said the head physician of Tara Central district hospital If Bagautdinov.
The publication "Kazan reporter" with reference to sources reports that the spirits that caused the poisoning were bought by one of the students on AliExpress.
"It turned out that the perfume bottle was bought on AliExpress for 50 rubles. During the psychology lesson, part of the class felt bad, after which we called an ambulance," the Director explained. She added that she communicated with students after hospitalization, all of them reported that feel satisfactorily.
The representative of AliExpress Russia told that the company "will refrain from comments until the end of the test." He stressed that the company "is in close contact with the authorities of Tatarstan", and the products presented on their platform "are certified in accordance with the requirements of the country of origin".
According to the head of the Arsky district of the Republic of Tatarstan Ilshat Nuriyev, the hospital with inhalation poisoning is not 18, but 21 people. On Saturday, October 6, the chief toxicologist and the regional Minister of health will come to the district for the proceedings, Nuriyev said.
Another source sure, that the perfume was not purchased through AliExpress service – may be it was bought on sale somewhere in Kazan.